We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internet access at ASP

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Elmhurst, Illinois
Level Contributor
386 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Internet access at ASP

Only six more sleeps....YEAH!!!

Can someone tell us what type of internet access is available at ASP?

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Pittsburgh, Cancun
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internet access at ASP

Free wireless and also a business center where you can pay to use computers.

Elmhurst, Illinois
Level Contributor
386 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Internet access at ASP

Thanks for the response. Is it wireless throughout - or only in certain areas?

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Pittsburgh, Cancun
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Internet access at ASP

throughout.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
466 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Internet access at ASP

They now have safes that your laptop will fit into. We never put ours away though. Used the wireless everyday without any problems. Have a great time!!!

California
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Internet access at ASP

The wireless has worked perfectly for us at Sun Palace, Beach Palace and Aventura Spa Palace. We were doing online classes and emails and keeping up on the boards. To me it seemed a bit slow, but my friends thought it was fine. I never lost anything, but I would recommend puting things into a word document and then cut and pasting it online as you don't want to lose your work if the connection drops out. (I don't trust wireless yet!)

It was interesting to note that there is free public wireless all over Cancun and even on Isla Mujeres, so if your Palace connection isn't working you can still get access. Pretty amazing!

We set up the laptop at one of the high coffee tables in a corner of the living room so anyone could use it, and never put it away, I have never had any problems with theft from a Palace resort and felt very comfortable leaving it out. The safe was not large enough for a widescreen but I am sure you could fit a regular laptop in the safe if you wanted to.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
466 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Internet access at ASP

I should have mentioned that we could fit a regular laptop in the safes. We did lock it up at Moon during Spring Break, but just left it out at ASP so our friends could also use it.

Council Bluffs, IA
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Internet access at ASP

Someone mentioned you get a free 30 minutes of internet use per room. Is this true?

Arlington, TX
Level Contributor
114 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Internet access at ASP

The 30 minutes per room is a new thing (along with the free phone calls to US) but we have not seen them yet. We go again next week but if you have your own laptop it is always free.

I think that the previous '30 minutes free per room' was referring to the business center.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
100 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Internet access at ASP

Computers are in the business center and in both lobby areas. You input your room number and bracelet number and yes you get thirty minutes free per room.

10. Re: Internet access at ASP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 04:19