My partner and I are currently booked at the Azul Sensatori. However, I'm not 100% happy with some of the comments re poor workmanship, as it's costing us a fair amount, so have picked EDSS as a second choice. I'm just hoping someone who knows the resort will be able to answer a few questions for me.
1) What are the pools like? They look a bit plain and small in photos I've seen. Are they nice, and are loungers and shady spots plentiful? Also, some pictures make it look as if the swim-up bar is in the middle of nowhere; is it easily accessible? (I like to be able to flop off my loungers into the pool to get a drink)
2) What's the food and drink like? My partner is a fussy eater who likes plain, simple food: is it really fancy, gourmet cuisine at all restaurants, or are there simpler options? (like pizza, pasta, chicken etc) Also, are there any buffet options? And are there any snack-type places to go for lunch (I'd like to be able to grab a quick sandwich rather than have to sit down for a proper meal)? Is there a good range of international branded drinks (esp vodka and gins)? What's the beer they serve? And is sparkling wine included as part of the AI package? What are the house wines like?
3) Is it within striking distance of a town where we can eat out/shop/wander around? (don't mind a 10 minute cab ride)
4) What's the snorkeling like? Can you snorkel off the beach? Are there any local dive shops who will take you out to the reef?
5) Are the rooms a good standard? We were attracted to the Sensatori by the ultra-modern rooms and the facilities they have, such as plasma TV, DVD player, and i-pod docking station: do the rooms at EDSS have these facilities? Are the bathrooms nice and modern? (really don't want moldy tiles, rubbish showers or anything like that)
6) Is room service any good? (menu choices, is it brought to you with proper cutlery, china etc)
I know that's A LOT of questions, but would really appreciate any responses to any of them. I'm busy trawling through reviews but can't find all the answers I need, so any help would really help me make a decision.
Thank you :-)