We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

going to tullum best way can take collectivo?

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
386 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
going to tullum best way can take collectivo?

Hi there my husband and I are planning a trip to tullum when we go to EDSS next week. I am starting to get confused with all the wonderful info I have received on this board, but I plan on taking the collectivo to Xeha for the day, but if we wanted to go to Tullum for the day would be take the collectivo as well, and how do you know where to go, is it in the same direction as Xeha ? Thanks Charlie

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,604 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: going to tullum best way can take collectivo?

The Tulum ruins are about 8 or 9 miles south of the Xel-Ha Eco-Park, and are also easily reached by Colectivo. Just tell the driver exactly where you want to be dropped off (be sure to specify the ruins at Tulum or you might end up downtown).

Happy Travels!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
827 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: going to tullum best way can take collectivo?

charlie-moore,

Have a great time at EDSS! We are 4 weeks behind you, can't wait!

Let us know how you make out!

-Surf:)

Wayzata
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: going to tullum best way can take collectivo?

You will want to go south so cross the highway and wait for a colectivo.

We took the colectivo to the stop for Tulum but didn't know where to get off. Suggest saying Tulum "archeological site". We did end up in the Pueblo. Check the landmarks for Acurio Hotel and Riviera Tulum Hotel which are at the intersection where you need to get off.

Then walk down the street. You can either buy a ticket for the trolley (which I recommend) or walk to the ticket booth. If you want to hire a guide you can do so at the ticket booth.

Level Contributor
386 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: going to tullum best way can take collectivo?

thanks for the advice once again. I'm a little nervous of the tullum collectivo adventure may take the tour if it is offered at the resort. I think we will stick to using the collectivo to get to Xel-ha and then another day to Playa . Thanks Charlie

5. Re: going to tullum best way can take collectivo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 12:30
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Aventuras