We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ASP -North or South Pool

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
ASP -North or South Pool

Are the two sides different? How? Why would you choose one side over another?

LI NY
Level Contributor
324 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ASP -North or South Pool

The south pool was always the more lively side of the resort.

While the north/spa side geared for more of a peaceful

vibe.

The resort now will be split and the south side will allow families with children.

I believe the date is May 1st that this will take place.

Pools on both sides are great but more organized activity on the south.

I believe that will probably change now.

Guests wanting a kids free vacation will most likely

remain on north/spa side to party.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ASP -North or South Pool

I still think the south pool will be the more active party pool, since it is much larger, has many more places for loungers and the pool bar has seats.

LI NY
Level Contributor
324 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ASP -North or South Pool

Lady u might be correct about that but then if I were a family with children and had all the party people at the pools I might not want that.

I am thinking the adults that like to party and get a little wild might not want to have to worry about watching what they say around children.

Time will tell we will be able to get feedback from trip reports.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ASP -North or South Pool

I do not think adults who want the big pool and bar will move for kids and I do not think kids being there will keep them from getting wild.

Council Bluffs, IA
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: ASP -North or South Pool

I agree with lady. If the kids are too young to hear and see what they will on a resort then they shouldn't be there. 'Family Friendly' means kids can stay there, not that it will be an innocent place. BUT I won't want to be hanging around kids in the pool either so I would probably go to the North side, which will probably become noisier because of this.

LI NY
Level Contributor
324 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ASP -North or South Pool

I agree also the fact that kids are there won't stop the adults from getting wild.

But consider the whole adults only aspect of the hotel will be changed with this split.

The north side now will be more crowded and the big selling feature of this hotel was the spa and relaxation experience. The south side was always a draw for the party people.

i still think that many who have used south pool in the past will opt for north just not to have to deal with someone else's kids.

7. Re: ASP -North or South Pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 02:16