We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ASP anyone there now know if Jose is still there??

scotland
Level Contributor
329 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
ASP anyone there now know if Jose is still there??

Hello to anyone who is at Aventura Spa Palace at the moment hope you are having a fantastic time :)

I read on one of the posts that the Thai Lounge is being turned in to a teen lounge and i just wondered if the best barman in Mexico Jose was still there??

He worked the Thai Lounge more or less single handed usually with a waitress and occasionaly with help behind bar, he is very tall and you definately would know if you'd seen him as the rest of the staff are not that tall.

We have spent a lot of very happy times in jose's bar and just wondered what was happenng with him :)

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ASP anyone there now know if Jose is still there??

He was there when we were there (2/20-2/27). I'm fairly certain it was him... He was working his behind off running that bar single handedly, no waitress help at all, and he is a lot bigger/taller than the rest of the staff. He also makes the best banana monkeys at ASP, no question about it! I hope they found a new home for him since the Thai Lounge is now going to be a teen lounge. He is a super hard worker, ASP would be dumb not to find a new place for him.

scotland
Level Contributor
329 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ASP anyone there now know if Jose is still there??

ahhh that sounds like him :) we spent a fair bit of time there two years running, couldn't wait to go and see if he was still there the second year and we were shocked when he remembered us :)

you are so right ASP would be the poorer if they lost him si I really hope they open up the Thai bar elsewhere on the property.

Did you have a great time when you were there?

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ASP anyone there now know if Jose is still there??

We had a wonderful time there. Seriously, I don't think we could've asked for a nicer vacation.

scotland
Level Contributor
329 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ASP anyone there now know if Jose is still there??

great stuff its a fantastic place we have been three times the first time the Thai Lounge wasnt there hence only twice with Jose :)

We have met a lot of really nice people there, am just waiting to read how things go once the kids get there !!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ASP anyone there now know if Jose is still there??

hopefully they are only moving the Thai Lounge and Jose over to the adults only (north) side.

Northern California
Level Contributor
626 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ASP anyone there now know if Jose is still there??

We definitely need an update on Jose's whereabouts. He's half the reason to go to ASP!!!!!

scotland
Level Contributor
329 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ASP anyone there now know if Jose is still there??

I definately agree with that Jose rocks :)

Level Contributor
197 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ASP anyone there now know if Jose is still there??

I am pretty sure he was still there. We just got back on Saturday. He was the only one in the Thai Lounge, he made great drinks! On Monday 3/23 the Thai Lounge closed and the bartneder from there (Jose?) was working at the bar on the main floor in the south lounge. We were talking to him and to the other bartender who said he just wrote the menu for the new Thai Lounge and it's for kids only, all smoothies, etc.

Sweets and Coffee was closed the entire time we were there for renovations, although you could get some of the menu items at Q-bar.

We were bummed those 2 things were closed down but oh well ASP was still wonderful and we had a great vacation.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
466 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ASP anyone there now know if Jose is still there??

We talked to him Monday night at the South Lobby bar, but I didn't see him after that. njmedic stayed on that side, and may be able to help you out. He isn't getting back home until late tonight.

10. Re: ASP anyone there now know if Jose is still there??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 08:24