We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

crocs at the palladium

uk
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
crocs at the palladium

I have seen photos of the crocs here, are they roaming around freely, if so do they steal kids. They can borrow my teans for a while but I'd like them back whole if possible - nervous mum would like answers.

We saw crocs at coba last year and new that they were in the lagoon in cancun but I never kew that they were at any of the larger resorts until I saw these recent photos.

I am trying to decide which resort to go but would like some info on the crocs first.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,709 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: crocs at the palladium

Yes, there are two kinds of 'crocs' at the Palladium! Some are found within secured, fenced-in pens at key locations on the property, and then there are the other type of 'Crocs' that they sell for beach and pool footwear found at various shops on the property!

Happy travels!

uk
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: crocs at the palladium

hope their not too fenced in- just not too free, Not a fan of the feet kind either!! but I have heard they are very comfy. being serious it just that my husbands family lost family friends daughter to a croc while she was doing charity work in africa a few years ago- so the family has been left a bit (probably out of proportionately) freeked by crocs, but we cant help it.

uk
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: crocs at the palladium

hope their not too fenced in- just not too free, Not a fan of the feet kind either!! but I have heard they are very comfy. being serious it just that my husbands family lost family friends daughter to a croc while she was doing charity work in africa a few years ago- so the family has been left a bit (probably out of proportionately) freeked by crocs, but we cant help it.

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
451 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: crocs at the palladium

Crocs are the ugliest footwear.. and I don't care how comfortable anybody says they are.. Friends dont let friends wear Crocs!!!! I would not even let my Mother In Law get a pair..

Seriously.. about the other kind of Crocs...ummm i don't mind seeing them from a distance.. am I going to be swimming in a Cenote or Lagoon and get a suprise visit from one of these crocs? I just want to be aware and observe them in there own surroundings.. but swimming with them is another story.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,921 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: crocs at the palladium

Sambucci....LMAO...I agree the Crocs are horrid. I would let me ex hubbie wear them!

Re real crocs.....I am curious as well. When we were at the BMP last year, a staff member gave us a golf cart ride home and told us there were crocs in the mangroves, but I didn't believe him. Then, I saw pics....NOT AT THE BARCELO, but at other props, so I was wondering this same thing.

Prize

Wayzata
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: crocs at the palladium

The crocs are entirely fenced in and secured at the Palladium. They are cared for by professional biologists and on loan from Croco cun zoo. Feeding can be watched at 1 pm on Tuesdays.

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
451 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: crocs at the palladium

Prize..I saw pics of crocs at other resorts..a smaller one got in the pool. I am starting to wonder what is scarier the croc shoes or the Animals..

Unoffocial Palladium, thanks for the info..I am sure it will especially ease the OP's mind in regards to booking.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,171 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: crocs at the palladium

yes they are fenced in and when you take the boat ride if they are out he will stop so you can see thema nd take pics. There are 2 locations one caged in area at the colonial and one at the riviera section. and yes you can see the show/feeding times too. There was a baby on the riviera side. I felt bad for them especially the baby as it was chained up with a rope. :(

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: crocs at the palladium

This was on the Cozumel Golf Course. It was a thrill

…photobucket.com/albums/ww283/lu2travelnow/…

uk
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: crocs at the palladium

thanks for the replies, but I'm not sure I can handle seeing a chained one either, I was hoping for free to move but in a fenced off area. In caymam I felt very ill after seeing the horendous turtle farm.