We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

max occ at the cat.- urgent answers PLEASE PLEASE

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
max occ at the cat.- urgent answers PLEASE PLEASE

What is the max occupancy for standard rooms at the cat. Through the companies in the UK I seem to need to book 2 rooms for 2a and child of 16 and child of 12. But on some US sites it seems to allow me to book us into 1 standard room. (also portland direct allows us to book into 1 room but dates I need to go on not available from man only lon- which is no good for us).

Does anyone know what the actual max is for the standard rooms? - we cannot put kids into sep room because of health issues with the older one.

If we have 2 rooms does anyone know what they will charge us to change to 1 suite while we are out there?

The diff in price between 1 room and 2 works out about - £350 for the 2 weeks- which is quite a lot when we can't use the 2nd room anyway.

Need to book quite quickly as required flights are nearly full

thanks for any answers

uk
Level Contributor
44 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: max occ at the cat.- urgent answers PLEASE PLEASE

hi i the thomson brochiure says

the max for a standard room is 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children under 12, the 16 would class as an adult

hope this helps

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: max occ at the cat.- urgent answers PLEASE PLEASE

this is true for most resorts in Mexico, at least from what I have found. But, if you are able to book from US and get the 3 adults 1 child in a room, why don't you do that?

Good luck!

Spruce Grove, Canada
Level Contributor
387 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: max occ at the cat.- urgent answers PLEASE PLEASE

be careful on how may and age of the people in room I read this tthread and you don't want to get stuck like thesepeople did better to split the adults and have 2 rooms

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150807-i8-k273303…

uk
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: max occ at the cat.- urgent answers PLEASE PLEASE

Hi thanks for the replies and the link but I am still not sorted and this gets stranger. I can book the hotel through thomson (on web) and it will only let me book it as 1 room even if I try to book as 2 rooms with 1 adult in each room it defaults us back to 1 room (even tried 3 adults and 1 child). If I book this and get to the hotel will the problem be mine or thomsons, as I will have filled in the ages correctly on my booking.

But if I try and book as a package with thomson it defaults to 2 rooms and charges every one as adults. But then portland direct puts us back into 1 room.

I do not want to get there and have any problems. We had an issue checking there last year (just husband and myself). We had the paper work to show that we were booked and it was paid but the payment was still not cleared their end, although they could see it paid on their system (it was a system problem their end and it took a few hrs for them to sort it out- they would not even give us our bands so get any drinks while they sorted it, but customer service lady ordered a few waters for us while we waited). So I would hate to imagine what they would do if they think you have not paid for enough rooms.

I am also still trying to find out what the upgrade cost would be to trade in 2 rooms for 1 suite. As we do need to be in the one room.

Leeds
Level Contributor
506 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: max occ at the cat.- urgent answers PLEASE PLEASE

I would try ringing Thomson and speaking to a sales person. The number is on website to ring through they will give you the internet price too. We had to ring them when booking our holiday as we wanted to book an 3 day yucotan tour and could not do it via website. That way you are covered which is preferable to getting to hotel and having problems.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: max occ at the cat.- urgent answers PLEASE PLEASE

Why not get a travel agent to help you sort all of this out..that way when you get there and if you do have a problem, you will just need to contact your travel agent and let them handle the issue.

They can usually get you a great deal too.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
2,610 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: max occ at the cat.- urgent answers PLEASE PLEASE

I agree that you need a travel agent. Sometimes on the web bookings it may look like one room but you actually have 2. I've seen that before. Anyway, you need 2 rooms. Get a connecting room after arrival at the resort. If you can't get one right away then you can do one adult and one child in each room to start off with so you feel better. If you are going to pay adult rate for all 4 of you then why not have the extra space?

8. Re: max occ at the cat.- urgent answers PLEASE PLEASE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2009, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Aventuras