We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brits still wonting to go to Mexico(YOU CAN STILL GO)..

Burton, United...
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Brits still wonting to go to Mexico(YOU CAN STILL GO)..

If your T/O still says its a no go for flights to Mexico...You can do it your self...I have just work mine out for two adults and one child..But i am sure you can work your own out simple enough...

Right Flights to Orlando from E/Midlands..Approx £300 or less return each Eco class..

Flight from Orlando to Cancun $265 return

All inclusive at the Catalonia I have work this out for the three of us and it comes out at £1.178.94

So the total cost for me works out at around £2278.94

So my total cost Not including transfer fees comes out at £2278 for the tree of us...And that works out FAR CHEAPER than the T/O..

That is travailing with Thomson's to Orlando but you will have to stay over night at Orlando as the flight get in late in the afternoon and the flight from Orlando Is at 1430 hours(with A/A airlines)(the one i have chosen )But with some more surfing i am sure you can find some thing deferent with (Expidea)or another airline..

So at the end of the day with some more surfing it will work out a lot cheaper doing it your self to get to Mexico....But the inconvenience of changing at Orlando come in to operation if you wont to bother with it all...Chris

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Burton, United...
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brits still wonting to go to Mexico(YOU CAN STILL GO)..

Sorry forgot to mention...This is for fourteen nights...

Marton, United...
Level Contributor
853 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Brits still wonting to go to Mexico(YOU CAN STILL GO)..

thats as maybe, but I don't have the desire to let FC have £3500 of my money for nothing. We won't get our money back if they don't cancel our flights.

And I'm guessing the people who have already had flights cancelled transferred their holidays with their TO.

Lancashire UK
Level Contributor
1,118 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brits still wonting to go to Mexico(YOU CAN STILL GO)..

Not quite true missy.

ALL flights will be cancelled very soon for this month with FC.

Mine was on 20th - i asked for refund yestrday . Money came back today.

Icraved mexico- but-- meanwhile ill go to DR .

Mexico can wait - and as soon as its ok --ill be there Pronto this year .

Just coz you happen to be one of the best lookers on here - dont mean you are correct baby .

Marton, United...
Level Contributor
853 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Brits still wonting to go to Mexico(YOU CAN STILL GO)..

ha ha you sweet talker you,you're right though, I'll give you that.

Personally I prefer to wait until flights are officially cancelled before I jump to conclusions. But, each to their own. It'd be a dull world if we were all the same ;-)

uk
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brits still wonting to go to Mexico(YOU CAN STILL GO)..

seaangler- just check your travel insurance. Some will still cover- but most are saying no (ours wont even let us book for oct and cover us until the FCO warning is lifted), Enjoy your hols when you get there.

Burton, United...
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brits still wonting to go to Mexico(YOU CAN STILL GO)..

Of course you will have to let them make the decision to cancel...But like i have posted the opportunity is still there to go..

After surfing for more than an hour and putting the package together in my first post THE WIFE who has to be obied....Said no she will waite until the F.C.O say its safe to to travil...BUT SHE WOULD STILL GO TO ORLANDO...I give up women...Chris

Tinicum, Pa
Level Contributor
267 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brits still wonting to go to Mexico(YOU CAN STILL GO)..

i say you all move to america!!!! we don't have these problems here...just obama..ha!!!

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
38,714 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brits still wonting to go to Mexico(YOU CAN STILL GO)..

When were you supposed to be going or when are you planning to go?

Burton, United...
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Brits still wonting to go to Mexico(YOU CAN STILL GO)..

Peterg3..You are a sweet talker ..But she is nice all the same...Just love a lady in BLUE...(lol)

After saying that Missyp284...If you do get to go to the cat when is it you are going..Do you go be for the 17th of June...Chris

Marton, United...
Level Contributor
853 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Brits still wonting to go to Mexico(YOU CAN STILL GO)..

hey chris,

I'm allegedly going to Playa del Carmen on June 1st til June 15th, and apparently I'm staying at the Gran Porto Real. But the TO is keeping it all a suprise for me......how sweet.

Dontcha just LOVE suprises!!!!!