We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thomas cook - did me a good turn

uk
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
thomas cook - did me a good turn

hi there has been lots of negative comments about TC and I can understand peoples frustration when they do not know what is happening to their holiday, but I just wanted to add what they have just done to help me (for fairness and balance). I booked my hols in oct to mexico for at a cost of £3431 all in at the cat for 2 weeks from manchester for 4 (in a shop but they matched the online price) , then 2 days later we saw that the price had changed and it was now £2994. I contacted Thomascook and they said that they did not think they could help but that they would contact head office to see what they could do 2 hrs later and I have now been refunded the deposit ( with no charges) and have rebooked with them at the cheeper price. So sometimes they do put customers first. - I will definately use them again now.

Pontypridd
Level Contributor
37 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thomas cook - did me a good turn

We had a similar experience with First Choice last year, but they gave us a different response...they gave us the rhubard regards the terms but in a word they said "Tough !!"

No real incentive to book early with that attitude.

2. Re: thomas cook - did me a good turn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2009, 06:19