We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Mexico-need some help with some questions pls

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
194 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Mexico-need some help with some questions pls

Hello this is a girls trip, so am a little concerned that all reviews are by couples.We like to have fun and party and let loose a little while away and cant seem to find any resorts that arent just couples.We have been looking at the palladium resorts because they have somany together.We have been to dominican five times and jamaica the last two years, and loved it but wanted to try something new.Would love any advice from anyone who has it to offer. thanks

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Mexico-need some help with some questions pls

For a girls trip, I would recommend the Royal Playa Del Carmen. It is right in downtown playa and you can walk to shops, bars, restaurants, and clubs if you get bored at the resort.

Another option is Temptations Resort, which is a little more "lively." I believe that there are more singles there than couples from what I have read. Since your post states that you like to let loose and party on your trip, I think this may be there resort to look into.

The Iberostar Chain offers many resorts in one area as well, with the Grand being adults only. As a guest of the Grand, you can visit any of the other resorts on site, but others cannot come to the Grand. There is a huge commercial center with shops, food, a disco and more.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
827 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Mexico-need some help with some questions pls

HI bubbles 65

If I were booking a girl's trip to the Mayan I would make sure I was in or at least in walking distance to Playa Del Carmen. The Royal does look beautiful, as the op has stated. But there are many properties and budgets to choose from there.

The shopping, beach and nightlife would be a blast to be close to and I would want to make sure all of this was within an easy distance for everybody, not only for safety's sake, but also for ease of use. Not everyone will want to do what the others do and this makes it easy for all, with everything at your fingertips.

Of course, that is just my opinion. I like my group to be in the thick of things, while others may prefer lots of quiet time too. If planning just one or two nights out, away from the resort, then any resort along the Mayan that you like would likely fit the bill.

How exciting! Enjoy and let us know how it all works out!

-Surf:)

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
194 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Mexico-need some help with some questions pls

thank-you for your help, we love to go out to town and soak up the culture and enjoy dancing to spanish music.Do you have any specific resorts you could suggest reasonably priced for girls week lol.Must have disco for me as i love to dance all night.Thanks

Wayzata
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Mexico-need some help with some questions pls

I can speak for the Palladium. I went as a single Mom with two teens in April which was my tenth visit to the Palladium resort in RM. I also went with my daughter to the Palladium Jamaica over Christmas. I felt very comfortable as a single mom at both resorts; lots to do. The Palladium RM has

14 restaurants (unlimited ala cartes)

27 bars

Two theaters

new spa

state-of-the art gym

discothéque

sports bar

athletic field

tennis courts

10 pools

kids club (ages 1-12)

shops

internet cafes

Black & White Club (ages 13-19)

for all guests in addition to an adults only "Royal" area for adults. The Royal area is wonderful but more couples oriented. Any other area on the resort would be suitable for you.

There are many bars with live music which I usually frequented at night. Some bars offer dancing in addition to the disco which opens at 11.

The town of PDC is about 20 mins away so if you'd rather a town nightlife you may want to research that.

5. Re: First time to Mexico-need some help with some questions pls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2009, 05:33