We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer question to and from airport to Grand Palladium

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
385 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer question to and from airport to Grand Palladium

We are booked on Apple Vacations which includes our transfer, but we are considering doing a private transfer..but have a few questions.

-If we go thru Apple Vacations, does anyone know how long it may take to get to the resort vs using a private transfer company?

-We are thinking of using USA Transfers instead of Apple Vac. Has anyone ever used them...if so how was your experience?

Burton, United...
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer question to and from airport to Grand Palladium

All i can say is that the Americans that i spoke to who use it and they said they was very happy with the transfer..They got down from Cancun airport a lot quicker than we did in the coach....Chris

USA
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer question to and from airport to Grand Palladium

We have used USA transfers and were very happy with them.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,078 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer question to and from airport to Grand Palladium

Never use the "included" transfers....way too slow! Have used Cancunvalet.com three times now and really liked them. Have heard good things about USA transfers too! Once I paid extra for the upgraded direct transfers thru Apple (no stops, just straight to resort) and the service was not good at all!

Wayzata
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer question to and from airport to Grand Palladium

We used the Apple transfer once years ago and have never done it again. It takes way too long to load the bus, makes stops aloing the way and took about 2 1/2 hrs. We now use AGI Tours dot com. Private, direct, professional and will get there in about 55-60 minutes and pick you up later to get back to the airport then the Apple bus.

Texas
Level Contributor
491 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer question to and from airport to Grand Palladium

We used the included Apple transfers and had virtually no wait just a couple of weeks ago. We were assigned a bus and within 10 minutes after loading into it off we went. We only made one stop at Barcelo to unload guests, it took mayb3e 5 minutes. So, if we had paid for private transfers we would have wasted our money. But, it is a gamble, you might have to wait longer depending on how busy and how many guest they are waiting on.

We will always use the included transfers because I can't bring myself to spend the extra $ for a private transfer. So far, after 10 trips to Mexcio we have never had a bad experience with it.

Argyle, Texas
Level Contributor
485 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer question to and from airport to Grand Palladium

I second the recommendation for AGI. They use new vans regardless of the number of people, whereas USA Transfers usually use a car for 3 people or less, and AGI is a few dollars cheaper than cancun valet.

Not to mention AGI is the choice of most "palladium addicts," and their owner is a constant visitor on the unofficial palladium website, and is always there to answer any concerns or complaints.

cleveland
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer question to and from airport to Grand Palladium

Hi there we have always used the free transfers through Apple vacations and Funjet.We have never had to much of a wait getting to our resort.They keep most of the buses going to the same resorts or ones that are close to each other.I like to save my money for jewlery or tours.Have fun!!!

Wayzata
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfer question to and from airport to Grand Palladium

Javier at AGI is a true professional. Someone on Unofficial Palladium had booked with him yesterday and her reservation was incomplete. He tracked her down on the internet to make sure she had the service she had requested.

NC
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfer question to and from airport to Grand Palladium

Never used USA so I cannot comment either way but UP Ditto! Javier at AGI is a true professional. We used his service two years ago, and we were very pleased with the service.

I read he will be hosting a special chat on the Palladium Addict site on Monday evening. I don't think I can give a web address here but you can google palladium addict for their chat link.

Wayzata
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transfer question to and from airport to Grand Palladium

The PAs should be embarassed.