We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone else appalled by that review of the Cat on Aug. 3?

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
LaSalle, Ontario
Level Contributor
294 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone else appalled by that review of the Cat on Aug. 3?

I can't get over the scathing review of the Cat posted by a woman from the US on Aug. 3! Some of the stuff she mentions is just blatantly wrong. The times for the restaurants are indeed posted, and we were certainly told the Creperie wasn't open on certain days. Same with the other a la cartes. And we love the pools. Did this person even do her research before coming? I DO feel sorry for her having an issue at the Steak House...and I did have to laugh at the too-small sheet statements -- that's something I've put on my recommendations to the Cat as well.

Still, just crazy the other stuff. Tons of people LOVE the lobby, for example. It's always packed. And the glasses at the bar are standard for resorts in the Mayan. Everyone knows to bring a bubba mug if you want a huge glass, and tipping is irrelevant. We've stayed at the El Cozumeleno, the Riu Tequile and at the Iberostar Paraiso del Mar, and we prefer the Cat hands down. And at the first two I mentioned, you do, indeed need to line up for a la carte reservations -- each and every day you intend to go!

I hope the Catalonia Management don't lose business because of this crazy chick. Oh...and what was that with the phone calling? Uh...hello...get the phone cards that are offered EVERYWHERE in Mex. If she's travelled around, how could she not know this? I think it's significant that she joined TA only recently, to post her review. I hope someone challenges her on her facts.

county durham...
Level Contributor
88 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone else appalled by that review of the Cat on Aug. 3?

Hi bmanssister,

I was also appalled by the review some people are never happy.

She says she read every review she could but only upon arrival discovered there was no fridge or safe in the standard room,well she couldnt have read the reviews very well its well documented about the rooms.

I was at the cat last year and had a great time and im going again in 3 weeks cant wait,just hope there are no moaners like her when im there!

Any way for her bad review there are loads of good reviews and satisfied people

Mission, BC, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Mission, Abbotsford
Level Contributor
5,175 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone else appalled by that review of the Cat on Aug. 3?

Obviously DIDN’T do her homework like she said she did re “Fridge & safe” comments.

Oh well, maybe people will take her review seriously, & therefore the “Cat” will have less bookings; less bookings = less occupancy, less occupancy = more for the rest of us Crazy “Cat” People!

;-D

Pablo

Sun 13:28 PST

Salt Lake City,Ut
Level Contributor
209 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone else appalled by that review of the Cat on Aug. 3?

And she is wrong the standard rooms do have safe you just need to pay to use the. I think it cost us $2 a day, but so what that is not bid deal!! Oh my some people.

Wayzata
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone else appalled by that review of the Cat on Aug. 3?

I have never stayed at the CAT but out of curiosity read that review. Some people just love to complain.

I wouldn't worry about it. If people thing they're "helping" by complaining they just don't get it.

While I was over there I checked out some recent Palladium reports. I've been to this resort many times and cannot find those reports credible so take things in stride. Go with a good attitude (any day in Paradise is better than a day at work) and look for the positives, i.e. the beach, the sunrise, the smiling staff, etc, etc.

Washington, Virginia
Level Contributor
259 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone else appalled by that review of the Cat on Aug. 3?

Okay, I'm alittle surprised here, I was at the Cat July 25 through Aug 1st, haven't read the reviews yet but am a little stunned that someone might be uphappy. We had probably the best vacation in a decade, with our teens. There was absolutely nothing about the resort that we could complain about. The beach, the people, the food, everything was wonderful.

Washington, Virginia
Level Contributor
259 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone else appalled by that review of the Cat on Aug. 3?

Holy smokes! I just read the review. We were there the same week and had such a different experience. I wonder if she was at the same resort!? We are frequent travelers, last time we were in QR we stayed at the Palace Xph-Ha so we are really not super eight travelers. We found the cat far and above our expectations and can't wait to go back. I'm really grateful that we didn't run into this couple while we were there, just meeting them could have possibly ruined our whole vacation.

LaSalle, Ontario
Level Contributor
294 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone else appalled by that review of the Cat on Aug. 3?

You're so right! I feel sorry for them that their holiday was so miserable...but we ADORE the Cat and have been five times. It is by far our favourite resort in the Mayan. We've recommended it to numerous friends, and many have become repeaters as well. I couldn't get over, when we were there the end of June/start of July, how much better it keeps getting. When we first started going, the Cat chain had just taken it over. So many fabulous improvements have happened since then. Most recently we noticed the beach shop, the lifeguards, and the movies at 7 each night (not to mention the obvious stuff, like the Japanese a la carte, the Creperie, the Spa, the suites, etc.) We're trying to get organized to go again this March Break...and I just referred a colleague who is looking at the end of August. The staff is so top notch...we've never found any other resort's staff like it.

scotland
Level Contributor
132 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone else appalled by that review of the Cat on Aug. 3?

Okay look at her pictures and tell me that you would be happy with that view from your balcony and those sheets on your bed!!This site should be about honest experiences of the places we visit,whether you agree or not or whether your stay was different,it shouldn't get personal.

Yes there are some good things about the resort but there are also some things that they could improve on.For example some of the things off the top of my head:

1.having the use of an ironing board and iron for your entire stay if you require it,instead of for an hour at a time.

2.Not being able to snorkle individually as your husband has already been out that morning,so you can't do it later,have to go as a couple.

3.check in is crazy,people have just arrived in reception , and after a 10 hour flight,and 2 hour bus journey, it would be nice to sit down somewhere and have someone explain the resort/restaurants etc instead of a quick 2 minute look at the paperwork behind the desk with a small queue forming behind you...

I do intend to do a review of the resort at some point,and yes we are well travelled.

Leeds
Level Contributor
506 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone else appalled by that review of the Cat on Aug. 3?

I am in agreement with the previous poster in that everyone is entitled to their opinion. Not everyone experiences a first class holiday. As the saying goes `you can`t please everyone all of the time`.

Personally I am not put off by the odd bad review, I tend to look at the reviews as a whole. I am still looking forward to my first ever holiday to Mexico and to the Cat in particular- but that doesn`t mean that I don`t accept that occasionally there are slip ups etc. I would only expect the management to sort these issues out a.s.a.p. Usually things can be rectified as long as someone is informed and given a chance to do something about it. I think most of us would have experienced some kind of issue on holiday but the way it is dealt with can make all the difference.

Caz

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
875 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone else appalled by that review of the Cat on Aug. 3?

Definitely a person who did not do there homework, and even worse, expecting 5* service at a 3* price. Also, they did NOT take a picture of sheets on their bed. The pictures I saw that they posted were of a mattress pad to protect the mattress from stains. Were they missing a top sheet or something and actually slept under the sheet? Hmmmm....

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Aventuras