We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

torn- Palladium or nicer? food good?

los angeles
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
torn- Palladium or nicer? food good?

ok family of 5, age 2,7 and 9. Palladium gets rave reviews. the food seems ok. I like different types of things, not same old thing and if i am on vacation especially. I like more modern upscale resorts but I want fun and i want my children to have fun..

Palladium I was getting ready to book and then I started reading mroe and wasn't soo sure.. What is it that keeps bringing people back. I love 4-5 star about four seasons caliber but doesn't have to be that nice.. and yes i want to not break the bank. I priced Grand Veals and unfortunately no room for 5 as for now so it's a lot. If it weren't for the room for 5 I'd have more choices. Thanks

Wayzata
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: torn- Palladium or nicer? food good?

What is it that keeps people going back?

I have been to the Palladium RM ten times and Jamaica. Management is #1, Staff. Quality and value. Variety.

Management listens. Every time I go there are improvements based on guests' suggestions. They appreciate repeat guests and show it.

They are one of the few hotels that offers a kids pogram beginning at age one based on guest requests. They offer unlimited ala cartes and AC, smoke free restaurants based on guests' requests.

They have rooms for five. Staff love little kids. I could go on and on. If I can be of further help let me know.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: torn- Palladium or nicer? food good?

Hi again - I know I've weighed in before but had a few more thoughts on your latest queries. From the research I have done, Palladium falls more in the category of good value for the money than high-end resort. Compared to the Barcelo resorts, it is less formal/luxe and has more of the tropical/jungle feel. I have yet to come across an AI with rave reviews for the food. That being said, Palladium food gets above average ratings and I believe they do change up the buffet daily. If you are not travelling during spring break, the Iberostar (newer ones) and Barcelo resorts could be good options. It seems that the GP is one of the nicer resorts but is not a top tier resort. I have to say that I was also swayed by management responsiveness which appears to be an issue at the Barcelo resorts.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
796 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: torn- Palladium or nicer? food good?

You need to underdstand a 5 star family all inclusive in Mexico is nowhere near the equivalent of a Four Seasons resort. If you want that kind of experience, then look at the Ritz Carlton.

I've been to a few of the all inclusives, the Riu Palaces- all 3, the Iberostar Maya & Lindo, Royal Cancun, etc. all are rated 5-6 star- believe me, they don't compare to what you seem to be expecting. You have to be able to overlook all the little stuff and go with the flow. And for the price you pay, they do a real good job.

But they are certainly not the 4 seasons. We've have good food at all the resorts, and some bad meals.

Your comparing apples to oranges IMO.

Canada
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: torn- Palladium or nicer? food good?

Don't give the Grand Palladium a second thought. Book It!!!

This resort will be absolutely fantastic for your family. A great mix of fun and relaxation. Activities, entertainment, R&R.

The food is delicious and the selection will leave you speechless. There is so much to choose from and that's just the buffets. The meals in the a la cartes are scrumptious and have something for everyone's tastebuds and age.

The staff and management at this resort make you feel like family. You can't get a more friendly and fun atmosphere. And I can tell you, each time we leave, we get teary eyed, as it's like leaving home ... until next time ... and we are planning trip #4 to this resort.

We have seen families just having the best times and the Kids Club and Teen Club get rave reviews and often the parents have said the kids aren't ready to leave yet. Plus they will get the kids involved in a pre-evening show which is just too darn cute.

If you have any questions, just ask.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
796 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: torn- Palladium or nicer? food good?

In my Apple Vacations book, Palladium ala cart dining is limited.

guaranteed 3 x for a 7 nite stay. Just so you know. You are not guaranteed dinner in the ala cart restaurants every nite.

I"ve never been there, but that's something alot of the big resorts do.

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: torn- Palladium or nicer? food good?

Rose~

To correct what Greenthum said, the GP has removed the limit on ala carte dining. You could visit more that one in the same evening if you wanted to. Some people may go to one for dinner and another for dessert.

The thing that makes the food at this resort is the selection. We preferred the larger buffets over the ones located at the pool. The ala cartes were ok, nothing spectacular, but not bad either, imo. Service in the ala cartes was much better than in the buffets. Desserts were often very good.

Wayzata
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: torn- Palladium or nicer? food good?

The Apple brochure is incorrect. Palladium has unlimited ala cartes for all.

8. Re: torn- Palladium or nicer? food good?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 23:35
9. Re: torn- Palladium or nicer? food good?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2010, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Aventuras