We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need help finding resort for teenagers

sayville
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
need help finding resort for teenagers

I am looking for a really nice resort with a nice beach

and lots of teen activities with many ala carte dinners

for a reasonable price

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,708 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need help finding resort for teenagers

Might we suggest you check-out the Grand Palladium complex as well as the Dreams family of resorts!

Happy Travels!

Wayzata
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need help finding resort for teenagers

Hi Happygirl,

I have been to the Palladium Riviera Maya 7 times with teens and Palladium Jamaica with a teen. These resorts try really hard to reach out to all generations yet they do not cate rto spring breakers. (Must be chaperoned).

There are four resorts on the complex plus an exclusive adults only area. I would check out prices at Kantenah,Colonial, White sand & Riviera and choose which ever resort offer the best price as guests at all four can use all amenities, including a teen club, unlimited ala cartes for all,lots of activitiesall day and night including:

.14 restaurants (unlimited a la carts)

26 bars

Two theaters

new spa

state-of-the-art gym

discothéque

sports bar

athletic field

tennis courts

10 pools

kids club (ages 1-12)

shops

internet cafes

Black & White Club (ages 13-19)

Gorgeous beach with a white sand area, a busy area with volleyball, a reef area and a salt water pool. Fourbeach bars with Colonial opened 24/7 with food round the clock and a sports bar.

sayville
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need help finding resort for teenagers

thanks for your post

the grand palladium seems nice,however, trip advisor does not give

rate it that high compared to iberostars-but I am sure it will be cheaper

than iberostar

ihb
Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
189 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: need help finding resort for teenagers

happygirl58 i would think the iberostar paraiso location would be great. lots of activity, a teen disco, and usually lots of other kids. ocean can be a bit rough there but there are life guards and they do pay attention. its a large resort but you can walk around the grounds.

palladium is also a great place but it is huge and i mean huge and pretty impossible to walk around, unless you want to spend much of your time walking from place to place. you have to wait for trams to take you to and from and they do run constantly but that is sort of a pain.

barcelo is a great resort and also large but we managed to walk from place to place and the beach here is outstanding (so is palladium). i am not sure about the activites for young people here but i am guessing that they would be well taken care of. the cool thing here is that there is a concrete pier for all to swim and snorkle off of and see many fish. the surf here is usually quite calm and great for snorkling.

hope some of this helps.....ilsa

ps we are partial to iberostar since we have stayed there 8-9 times and it sort of feels like home

cleveland
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: need help finding resort for teenagers

Hi there I have been to both the Palladium and the Iberostar and I rate them both equal in fact I liked the Pallidum better.There beach is one of the best down there.Anoth one you can look at is the Barcelo Tropical/colonial/palace resort they are close to the Palladium and has a great beach also.Down in that area the water is calmer so they have alot of water sports to do with the kids.

CT
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: need help finding resort for teenagers

The IB Lindo is a great resort for teens but closer to the Cancun airport. GORGEOUS resort, good beach, very good ala carte restaurants and a ton of pools and teen disco.

Wayzata
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: need help finding resort for teenagers

The IBs and the Palladium have many similarities as they both had the same architects. IMHO getting around the Palladium is not difficult if one knows his/her way around, for newer guests, uses the map. There are many shortcuts. The teens love riding the trains and my teen has met many friends that way. From what I am told the Palladium usually prices out much better than the IB.

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: need help finding resort for teenagers

I do not think that Palladium is the best choice for the families with the teens as there is too much walking - may be for older teens is good as the snorkeling is really good, although it is the best choice for the couples, romantic and its spa is high end. For the families with teens Barcelo (good beach-food-pools), then Riu's and Viva Wyndham Maya on Playacar beach (usually are cheaper but the beach is so-so, food is OK, activities are 5 stars read my review click on my screen name to find it), Iberostars in Playa Paraiso - depends on the money.

KMK83
Level Contributor
605 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: need help finding resort for teenagers

I always suggest that people with teens book a resort near a town, in case the kids get restless and want to venture out with you (or without you depending on their age). A lot of people disagree with this, and obviously the vacation is more for you than the teens.

I just suggest this because I know I would have gone crazy if I had to stay at the resort all day as a teenager, and a walk around town would probably have entertained me. But I guess this depends on how restless your kids are. I am 26 now, and like to think that the teen years are in recent memory :)

Canada
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: need help finding resort for teenagers

Vote here for the Grand Palladium. Lots of activities. There is a Teen center with various game machines and a great way to meet new friends. All sorts of sporting activities, beach activities. Entertainment. Relaxation. Food for anyone's tastebuds. Awesome beach. And the parents can feel secure at this resort in knowing that their teens will be safe at all times. We have been addicted to the Grand Palladium since our very first trip 6 years ago :o)