We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ida aftermath

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
601 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Ida aftermath

Looks like the area was spared the majority of the weather. Just wondering if anyone is there currently and can tell me if there's any damage, flooding, etc. From all the webcams I can see, it looks like business as usual. I'm heading out there on Sunday.

Shelby Township...
Level Contributor
195 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ida aftermath

I just got back after being there for 6 days. The weather was horrible.....it rained every day.....if you are a sunseeker like me then I would strongly advise you to postpone your trip until the conditions improve. I would never go back to this area unless its April or May because that's when the weather there is warm/sunny

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
601 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ida aftermath

Lidia, thanks for the reply, however, I was actually looking more for information related to hurricane damage assessments. (Power outages, airport capacity, flooded roads, etc.) The weather is a gamble anytime of year. We're staying positive and hoping the storm 'cleared out' any unstable weather. I've lived in both tropical and hurricane zones and that is typical.

Shelby Township...
Level Contributor
195 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ida aftermath

We had a brief power outage one night sometime after midnight, some flight were cancelled/delayed for some people leaving, but the roads were clear

Pleasant Grove, Utah
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ida aftermath

Yes thank you for the information. We are heading down on Fri. Keeping our fingers crossed. :)

San Mateo...
Destination Expert
for Rincon de Guayabitos
Level Contributor
4,478 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ida aftermath

I am at Laguna Bacalar now and I know I am a couple hundred miles south of Cancun but it is beautiful sunshine, some clouds but no rain at this time...on the news they show the flooding around Villahermosa in the state of Tabasco and no film of the Cancun Coastal areas...

cleveland
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Ida aftermath

HI all from the looks on the weather its all sunshine now have a great time!!

Aurora, Ilinois
Level Contributor
437 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ida aftermath

Hi,

We just returned from GP White Sands last night....they had lots of rain last week, but weather was great after Sunday - a little cloudy off and on but it never rained (we were there Sun 11/8 - Thurs 11/12). There was no damage or flooding at all in the areas we explored (we pretty much stayed at the resort except for one day where we headed into Akumal for lunch). Hope this puts your mind at ease!

8. Re: Ida aftermath

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2010, 05:17