We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which one??

CT
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
which one??

Which one would you choose and why? Looking for a great beach, good food, relaxing family vacation.

We have stayed at Sandos Playacar and Iberostar Lindo in the past. Want to try something new...

Catalonia Riviera Maya

Grand Coco Bay

My DH just emailed me these so not sure if I am on the right forum to post this but feel free to let me know. Thanks!!!

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,789 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which one??

You are in the right forum for the Catalonia Riveria Maya. The Grand Coco Bay, however, is best-found in the Playa del Carmen forum, a town about 20 minutes to the north of Puerto Aventuras.

These resorts are completely different from each other, and you should definately do your research before selecting! Read the reviews of each resort posted here at TripAdvisor, and be sure to visit the hotel web sites to help you decide.

The Grand is smaller, more-intimate, and has a great in-town location. The food, service and cleanliness are outstanding.

The CAT has the better beach and is more activity-oriented, especially if you have children going with you. It is also significantly larger and therefore, offers more bar and dining options.

Hope this helps get you started with your decision! Regardless, you're going on vacation to a great area of Mexico so Happy Travels!

CT
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which one??

Thank you! Because we have already stayed at the Sandos Playacar and IB Lindo, we want to try a new resort this winter. Our travel agent mentioned these to my DH so then I get to research which one or others I want to choose. This time we are going for a less expensive family vacation but that means really narrowing down our priorities. In looking at these two, I'm not crazy about the boats being moored out in the water at the Grand and I do like the onsite snorkeling at the CAT. Plus it is in a different location than the other two resorts we have stayed at. So many resorts to choose from!!!

3. Re: which one??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2010, 06:18