We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

At the Cat now

Victoria, B.C
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Topic
At the Cat now

Great weather, and lots of fun,,any ?

Mission, BC, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Mission, Abbotsford
Level Contributor
5,177 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: At the Cat now

Hola Tkachuk,

Anything new we should know about? Did you take your laptop? Do you have a webcam for it? I’m seriously thinking about taking mine next time to try & do live webcasts!

PS; Say Hola to Jim from NuYawk for Sue & I & tell him I’ll drop him an email as soon as I know when we are going back. Or just keep an eye on the forums, cause I’ll be sure to post it here & arrange a TA Meet & Greet!

Pablo

Wed 21:33 PST

Vernon, Canada
Level Contributor
137 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: At the Cat now

Hey Tkachuk,

We are heading down on the 29th.

Thanks for staying in touch with the frozen North while you are there... Silly q's:

Did you do the upgrade thing, if so how much?

What is the mossie supply like?

From my wife: Are there screens on the sliding doors??

Also from her: What is the earliest time in the morning my husband can go down and get me a cappucino?

Cheers,

Glenn

Victoria, B.C
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: At the Cat now

Hi BCGlenn ,

There are screens on the doors, Bring bug spray, I did not upgrade to a suite, I had one booked already,,, $50- extra a night , As for the nice coffee, i believe you could get it at 7 am, just have not got up that early yet HaHa

CT
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: At the Cat now

Are there hammocks on the beach? Most people say no but one person said yes, by the chill bar?

Which room are you in and how is the view? Have a great time!!!

Victoria, B.C
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: At the Cat now

Hola Silverstarfis

There are no hammocks, at the beach, we are in the suites, and there is no view of the ocean, to get a good ocean view the yucatan side is the best, I believe BC IT Guy has some great pictures of that ...

Evans, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: At the Cat now

Can you tell me about the beach? It seems the pics I see the lounge chairs are in 2 rooms with little to no room in between them and it looks very crowded. Is that the case? We have the Cat on our list for a possible family trip, but are just unsure about the crowded beach.

Victoria, B.C
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: At the Cat now

Hola mel9294,

Yes in some places they are stacked in 2, but other places 3, but there is lots of room to move, so don,t worry about space,

Victoria, B.C
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: At the Cat now

Hello mel9294, Just walked down the beach today , there are in some places 5 rolls, but lots of room to move , so do not worry about that

Evans, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: At the Cat now

Thanks for the info! I was just concerned as it looked like the chairs were crammed in and no room to walk around them, just long lines of chairs right next to one another.

Amherstburg, Canada
Level Contributor
254 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: At the Cat now

Hi tkachuk (still thinks this sounds like a sneeze lol) Hope you are having a great time. Arrived home this morning at 2:00 a.m. to heavy fog and a really gloomy day. Am missing the Cat and the beautiful weather already. We had a fantastic time again. Can hardly wait until next year. Enjoy the rest of your stay - I'm so jealous.