We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Palladium v. Hacienda Tres Rios

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Terre Haute, Indiana
Level Contributor
64 posts
174 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Palladium v. Hacienda Tres Rios

Hi,

My husband and I will be traveling in April (Easter time) and will stay 8 nights. We want to relax, so our priorities are good beach & pools and good food.

I have narrowed it down to two resorts: Hacienda Tres Rios and Grand Palladium Kentenah/White Sands/Riviera. I have read all the reviews here and now just feel numb. ;-)

Between the two, what are the pros & cons? If the Grand Palladium--then which one?

We've not been to Mexico before and never to an all-inclusive.

Thanks for any and all help!

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Palladium v. Hacienda Tres Rios

As I understand the choice between two resorts - Hacienda Tres Rios is more upscale resort (and more expensive too) with the better food and service but located on a not good beach and Grand Palladium is more casual easy going place with the good (but not excellent) food and the excellent beach and awesome pools, it priced accordingly too. If you go with Grand Palladium make sure that you stay at the Royal suites Yucatan as it might be more what are you looking for. We stayed at the Riviera side recently and were very pleased with the quality of the vacation for the money we paid. If the money are not the issue for you, look into the Secrets Maroma resort as their food and beach are equally excellent (I never been there and it is other people opinion).

Terre Haute, Indiana
Level Contributor
64 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Palladium v. Hacienda Tres Rios

Thank you for your response. Actually, the prices for the two are very close. I am afraid the Suites would be too much more. However, as I said, a nice beach is important. We plan to only lounge & read by the water and eat. ;-)

san diego, ca
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Palladium v. Hacienda Tres Rios

We are also considering the tres Rios for next trip. I have not been there yet, but I did go to the Palladium prior to the resort adding the 2 new sections.

The Tres Rios is getting rave reviews for it's food ans personal service. The poor quality (in our opinion) of the food and drinks at the Palladium was one of greatest complaints. Poor service was another complaint.

You have to consider if you want the atmosphere of a "mega resort" or not. Tres Rios is quite a bit smaller than the Palladium, so if you desire a "mega resort", Tres Rios might not be for you.

It appears everything is an easy distance away at Tres Rios, and we felt the Palladium's layout was too spread out, and that was prior to the 2 new sections being built.

If you want opinions of Tres Rios, I suggest you post this is the Playa Del Carmen section of TA forum as well. On this Puerto Aventuras forum, most of the opinions you will get will be solely from Palladium faithful, and not a consensus from a wide variety of people/opinions.

Good luck on your decision!

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,435 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Palladium v. Hacienda Tres Rios

If the cost is comparable for that time of year, your ONLY choice should be the Tres Rios! Not only is it one of the newest and finest, most-upscale and deluxe resorts in the region, it will be far-less crowded than the Palladium complex during that holiday period, and devoid of Spring breakers!

The standard accomodations are huge junior suites, and you will absolutely love the pools, the beach, the food, and especially the service!

If you want your first trip to Mexico and your first time to an all-inclusive to be an outstanding experience, then choose the Tres Rios as it receives our whole-hearted recommendation when compared to the Palladium complex.

Just add private ground transfers to/from the airport, and you will be in vacation heaven for your 8 night Easter trip!

Happy Travels!

ohio
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Palladium v. Hacienda Tres Rios

I am not familiar with your other choice. I have been to the Palladium Riviera Maya ten times and have booked 11. I have also been to P in Jamaica as their product is consistenly high. If you post your priorities I can address them further.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
944 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Palladium v. Hacienda Tres Rios

Is the Hacienda Tres Rios a timeshare resort and if it is, do they bug you to buy a timeshare?

We enjoyed our stay at the Grand Palladium recently, but the Hacienda looks nice.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,435 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Palladium v. Hacienda Tres Rios

Tres Rios is an ecological park region of the Riveria Maya some 45 minutes south of the airport in Cancun. Part of it's master plan includes not only the Hacienda resort, but a marina, yacht club, equestrian center, and convention center as well as a section that will be both full-time residences as well as fractional-ownership private villas. There is an area in the Hacienda lobby that tells about the master plan for Tres Rios, but there is no sales-pitch for timeshares to bother hotel guests!

Hope this helps!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
944 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Palladium v. Hacienda Tres Rios

Thanks TravelPro, it look very nice and something we look into more in the future.

Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Palladium v. Hacienda Tres Rios

I personally suggest Hacienda Tres Rios!

The food is amazing, (mark my words! lol), the staff is unbelievable, the resort is eco-friendly, and there is nothing the staff won't do to make you happy!!

I suggest you join their facebook fan page, where you will find lots of people who have been there and given their comments!

www.facebook.com/HaciendaTresRios.Resort…

Hope you find this useful!!

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Palladium v. Hacienda Tres Rios

I've only been to the Palladium but compared to the other resorts I have stayed at, the pools are phenomenal and the only beach I liked better was Secrets Maroma Beach. However, the price at SMB is significantly more. The food was good, the drinks plentiful. The food at SMB is always subjective. Some folks like it better and some don't.

The Palladium Royal Suites is a great value for the cost of the vacation compared to others. Nice beaches, beautiful pools. It all depends on what your expectations are.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Aventuras