We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Royal Suites

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
123 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
The Royal Suites

Hello, all.

A few questions regarding these rooms / suites:

1) RedTag and SellOffVacations advertise a 1 Bedroom Suite. Does anyone know if this is the Royal Suite? I think the price might be a give-away, but I'm not 100% sure. The 1 Bedroom Suite is priced in between a Junior Suite and the Mayan Suite.

2) For anyone who's stayed here, which room did you stay in (specifically Royal and Mayan Suites) and how did you like it?

3) This is going to sound like a REALLY stupid question, but here it goes....can anyone comment on the spider situation here? I know....idiotic question....but I'm an Arachnophobe. I can deal with other kinds of creatures and bugs (but not bed bugs...), but spiders totally FREAK ME OUT.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your responses!!!

Saskatoon Canada
Level Contributor
391 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Royal Suites

Which resort are you speaking about. Many of them have "Royal" in the name of their upgrade class.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
123 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Royal Suites

It's the Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium. Does that help? I think it's part of the Palladium complex / resort.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Royal Suites

We just returned today and stayed in one of the Royal suites at the Palladium that you are talking about. 6906 ground floor. All the corner units are the suites with the in between rooms being junior siutes and the cabanas are stand alone accomadations situated along the canal around the 4 buildings in the Royal suites area.

The suites have a seperate living room with a balcony and also a balcony off the bedroom with a huge jacuzzi tub on it and 2 lounge chairs. The main floor suites and 2nd floor suites have pull around drapes that tie together for privacy on the balcony with the jacuzzi. The 3rd floor are open as i am assuming you can't really see in them anyways. The suites have a large bathroom with shower only.

The junior suites have a jacuzzi tub within the suite it self and a sitting area, just off this is a balcony. It's an open concept from what i could see has we walked by. It looked nice and more than adequate.

6906 was not a good suite to have mainly because it was a ground floor unit and it was overlooking a main bridge with lots of foot traffic and on the other side was the canal which came a houseboat used for guests to ride and canoes that are supplied to the Cabana guest for their use. I will do a review soon but defiantly this place has it's issues and some good aspects as well.

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
159 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Royal Suites

I can imagine how confused you must be. I book from Sell Off Vacations All The Time!

If the price was expensive....I would think it's a suite in the royal section....but all jokes aside, I would call the 1-800 number for Sell Off and ask them....I did a few times when I was confused....

As for spiders......We went in May and heading back again this May and never once saw a Fly or spider.....The only thing that you can't be afraid of id the Iguanas....they are everywhere....but will run away when you approach them.

My husband loves feeding them bananas at our loungers! LOL

Hope I helped

Wayzata
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Royal Suites

There are one bedroom suites in all of the resorts, i.e Kantenah, Colonial, White Sand, Riviera and Royal Yucatan. If it's priced between a Jr suite and a Mayan suite it could be anywhere except Riviera.

If you are staying in the Royal I think I would request a third floor suite or Jr suite with privacy so you will enjoy the outdoor jacuzzi. There are drapes now but it's still nice to have more privacy.

We've been there ten times and never saw a spider. The resort is meticulous.

Louisiana
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: The Royal Suites

Hi....mglowatsky

If your booking info states "Royal" then it would be in the royal Yucatan section of the resort...at least per the resort descriptions.

Royal Yucatan is indeed a part of the resort, and a wonderful section of the resort. In addition to suites and Jr. suites that section of the resort offers 22

Royal cabanas, often called Royal Mayan suites. Each is located with decks over the lagoon.

Briefly, the Royal Yucatan section is private from the rest of the resort, restricted to guests staying.....in that section. It has it's own private pool, lobby and buffet/a la carte combination. This along with a great number of extras makes it an ideal place to stay while enjoying the rest of this amazing resort. A wealth of additional info can be found at the NEW official Palladium Addict site.

About spiders.......never encountered any in the times we've stayed at the resort. However it is the tropics....and I'm sure if you were to look long and hard enough, venture off path etc, you could find a variety.

have a great trip

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Royal Suites

My husband , myself and one of our adult children are thinking about going to The Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium. I am wondering if my son, who is mid 20s, will have fun.He is used to going to nice adult only all inclusives with us, but normally has his sister with us. She can''t go on this trip.

8. Re: The Royal Suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2010, 06:18