We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to wear when going on vacation in winter months

Aurora, Canada
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What to wear when going on vacation in winter months

Hi everyone, what do you usually wear when leaving for the airport? For my 5 y.o., I will definitely carry a winter jacket, but not so sure for myself – don’t want to get sick but at the same time don’t want to overload myself with all the coats. Any suggestions? Thanks

henderson
Level Contributor
778 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to wear when going on vacation in winter months

we usually were our Lands End Three season Jacket. Folds down pretty good in our carry on once we hit the airport. You won't need it in Mexico tho..wahoo enjoy the warm temps

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
745 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to wear when going on vacation in winter months

My husband and I are just wearing windsuits and we will just bite the bullet until we get inside the airport. After that we will roll our suits up and put them in our carryon.

CT
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to wear when going on vacation in winter months

We leave our winter coats in the car. I like to dress in layers so a hoodie, fleece scarf and summer sleeveless shirt underneath. I pack flip flops in the outer zip pocket of my carry on and put them on in line for customs. Cancun airport is warm.

Remember to bring a hair band, the beach is almost always windy.

Mission, BC, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Mission, Abbotsford
Level Contributor
5,177 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to wear when going on vacation in winter months

Generally not an issue from where we live. We USUALLY don’t get the harsh winters here. I just wear a track suit with some gym shorts & a sleeveless T-Shirt underneath.

Oh & I definitely don’t require a hairband, although I do need a hat to keep from getting sunburned!

;-)

Pablo

Thu 08:22 PST

CT
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to wear when going on vacation in winter months

I think you should wear a New York Yankees hat for optimal sun protection!!

6. Re: What to wear when going on vacation in winter months

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2010, 06:15