We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family vacation in Riviera Maya Resort. HELP!!!

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
388 posts
Save Topic
Family vacation in Riviera Maya Resort. HELP!!!

We are planning the family vacation with 2 kids ages 7 and 10.

Being in Barcelo Colonial and Iberostar Lindo, I don't know what to choose this time so we won't be disapponted. We liked the size of the resorts, verity of the restaurants, the pools, the kids activities and the beach. What will stand up to these resorts? Is there a life after Iberostrar :) ?

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,603 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family vacation in Riviera Maya Resort. HELP!!!

Given your demographics & the amenities your are looking for, you should check-out Dreams Tulum & Dreams Riveria Cancun as well as the Grand Palladium resort complex!

Happy Travels!

Canada
Level Contributor
388 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Family vacation in Riviera Maya Resort. HELP!!!

Thanks a lot! I looked at Palladium and also at Paradisus Riviera Cancun. It seems nice, although lacking some features comparing to Iberostar, like 24 h room servise, unlimited number of a la cart restaurants and lazy river. Which one from 3 resorts you suggested you liked the best?

Regards.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,603 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family vacation in Riviera Maya Resort. HELP!!!

While the Paradisus is a great resort and welcomes families, their children's activity program is minimal at-best, and is why we didn't suggest it.

The Grand Palladium has a great kids program and offers unlimited, no-reservation required ala carte dining. From a kids point-of-view, this is our #1 recommendation.

Of those 3 resorts we originally suggested, our overall favorite was Dreams Tulum.

Canada
Level Contributor
388 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Family vacation in Riviera Maya Resort. HELP!!!

I am definitely going to check the Dreams Tulum and take and look at Grand Palladium Kenneth.

Thanks a lot! Tough decision and this year the prices are up!

CT
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family vacation in Riviera Maya Resort. HELP!!!

We stayed at the IB Lindo and it is hard to beat the beauty of that resort and the food. The two things we did not care for was the size and the fact that the resort was not right on the beach. So for us we are trying a smaller resort that is right on the beach this year. There are so many resorts to choose from...good luck!

Canada
Level Contributor
388 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Family vacation in Riviera Maya Resort. HELP!!!

This is exactly what I am afraid of - that this resort is difficult to beat and any other will be a disappointment. We liked big resorts, we don't mind walking and it gived you much more to do and see. The lindo is very expensive this year, so I am trying to find the alternative...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family vacation in Riviera Maya Resort. HELP!!!

We've been to the Iberostar Lindo and the Grand Palladium with our kids who are younger than yours. I loved the Lindo, but found it too expensive this year. We're going back to the GP White Sands again, 2nd year in a row. I think your kids will love the GP because there's so much activities for the kids including kids shows in the evenings, and we also liked that there's unlimited a la carte. The only down side is no room service or waiter service on the beach. We found the beach much much better at the GP than the Iberostar too. You can check out the Grand Sirenis too - it has a lazy river, nice beach, decent kids club, and room service. When I looked, it was cheaper than all the other options you are considering.

Canada
Level Contributor
388 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Family vacation in Riviera Maya Resort. HELP!!!

I am so glad to hear that - probably the Palladium it will be!

From your experience, is there any difference between GP White Sands and GP White Kenneth?

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
199 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family vacation in Riviera Maya Resort. HELP!!!

We stayed at Dreams Puerto Aventuras, and I too am wondering if we can top that resort. It has unlimited alacartes, kids program, no wristbands and no towel cards and 24 room service. I loved it and am hoping to go to Dreams Tulum this year. But like other posts have stated, it all depends on pricing.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Family vacation in Riviera Maya Resort. HELP!!!

There's 4 sections to the GP - Kantenah, Colonial, White Sands and Riviera. And one more section called Royal, but it's adults only. There's not much difference between the sections except for Royal. You can use all the facilities and eat at all the restaurants, not like in Iberostar where if you stayed at the Del Mar and Beach sections you couldn't use the pools or restaurants at the Lindo section. Kantenah and Colonial are older sections and include regular room plus junior suites and full suites. White Sands and Riviera are newer and only have junior and full suites. Colonial and WS are in the middle so are closer to most things. Kantenah is closer to the part of the beach that is easier to walk into (less rocky) and White Sands is closer to the part of the beach where snorkeling is easier (reef). We like junior suites because of the extra space with the kids but if you can get a good price for any of the sections, you can't really go wrong. Check out the Palladium Addicts website for more great info.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Aventuras