We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A couple of questions about CAT...

Illinois
Level Contributor
115 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
A couple of questions about CAT...

For those who have stayed there before I have a couple of questions....

1. They mention that you can go out on a catamaran excursion from the hotel for free, you just have to sign up. Is that true? If so, how long is the catamaran excursion and do they provide you with drinks onboard?

2. Is there an advantage to staying on the Maya side or the Yucatan side of the resort?

3. What type of beer do they serve at CAT?

Thanks for any info that you can give.

Choctaw, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A couple of questions about CAT...

Go fighting Illini, they do have a catamaran "ride", not an excursion. It only lasts about 30 minutes and is designed for 2 adults or one adult and 2 kids. They take you out in the bay in front of the hotel. It's pretty fun. The Riviera Maya side is usually (in our experience) more upbeat and busier. The rooms seem to be more recently remodeled and we like it better because it's closer to the action. They have Sol beer at the resort and some of the bars have both light and dark. Hope this helps, have fun

BigDave

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
993 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A couple of questions about CAT...

Hi There -

The Maya and Yucatan side are pretty much identical in rooms. On the Maya side it is closer to restaurants, spa, etc. Some of the lower rooms have nice private garden views, but one side is next to a street. I would give them a preference of what you are looking for (i.e. quiet, close to pools, etc.)

PL

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
875 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A couple of questions about CAT...

And I'll answer #3! Dos Equis is the beer on tap at the Cat.

LL

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
875 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A couple of questions about CAT...

Hmmm...BigDave says it is "Sol", so I may be mistaken (but I could have SWORN they told us it was Dos Equis). Oh well....I gues it is either one or the other, LOL!

Mission, BC, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Mission, Abbotsford
Level Contributor
5,185 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A couple of questions about CAT...

Yep, Dos Equis on tap, Sol in the fridges in upgraded rooms.

BTW, Gregorio informed me that both were brewed by the same company.

(Mexican Beer Trivia for the day....lol)

Oh, & the “Catamarans” are small “Hobie Cat” type of boats.... You can see them here;

aplusnetworks.ca/pictures/…DSCF0219.JPG

Pablo

Fri 09:16 PST

“Go Canada Go!”

united kingdom
Level Contributor
946 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A couple of questions about CAT...

Hello to everyone

going to the cat 30th aug 2010 to 13th sept ..can you please tell me if they have lite beers . and do you know if you can buy lite beers around and about

and also what wine do the cat have in the AI ranges ( white wine) thanks ...

7. Re: A couple of questions about CAT...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2010, 05:18