We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walking from the CAT to the marina

monroeville, PA
Level Contributor
308 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
walking from the CAT to the marina

I was wondering how you get to the marina from the CAT? Do you walk along the beach to get there or do you go out the front of the hotel? How long does it take to walk there?

13 sleeps to go!!

CT
Level Contributor
2,123 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: walking from the CAT to the marina

You can't walk the beach there as it turns to rock and private homes.

You can walk via sidewalks or take the bikes at the resort which is what we did. They were nicer bikes than I expected too. The bike ride was about 5 minutes.

We also met a group of people that took the kayaks to the marina and back but I'm not sure that is the best idea.

Choctaw, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: walking from the CAT to the marina

Very short walk, 5-10 minutes max. Mostly on sidewalks but sometimes you may have to walk in the street, very easy safe walk any time of day or night. One of our favorite things to do, have fun

BigDave

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
2,079 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: walking from the CAT to the marina

I second what everyone has said...

also, though, know that there are not many cars on the road from the hotel and back...there are many golf carts in the area and mopeds...lots of bikes, etc. It is such a small area, and with the golf course there, people just drive those around mostly..it is a very laid back and safe environment.

last summer when we went, we even visited some properties for sale. It was a great way to get a feel of the area. Our realtor was very friendly and took us all around. He spoke great English..better than most people who I live around..ha ha...

You will love it. oh..our bikes were very safe propped up by his store for the few hours we were gone. most people just leave them in the provided bike racks that are all over the marina...just don't forget where you parked it..haha.

monroeville, PA
Level Contributor
308 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: walking from the CAT to the marina

Thanks all. Sounds like a lovely way to spend an evening.

5. Re: walking from the CAT to the marina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2010, 07:18