We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from the Cat

Amherstburg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from the Cat

Had another great stay...our third time there. The weather was not the best...but sure better than what we came home to. Bus transfer both from and back to the airport, was direct with no other stops besides the Cat. Check in this time was amazingly fast...the rooms were all pre assigned they told us. The Cat was full to capacity and actually was overbooked, with offerings to transfer to the Cat Maroma. Loved the new a la carte, no reservations. Except for the popular Japanese. We lined up at 530 for half an hour..and got reservation time of 900 , but at least we got in. Well worth the wait, once again! Loved the new Tapas Restaurant.

Choctaw, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from the Cat

Welcome back Kitley, glad you had a good time.

BigDave

Amherstburg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from the Cat

Thanks Big Dave! Wish we could go back now...came home to three feet of new snow, and it is to continue all weekend. Hubby started clearing the snow four hours ago, and is still at it...with the odd break in between. We had a bit of tequila for all you guys..or, maybe more than a bit. We also said hi to Gregario for you all.

Peterborough
Level Contributor
84 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from the Cat

Hey Kitley...we also had a great week. We took the upgrade to Maroma and were not disappointed. Beautiful!! the beach!! OMG! We also took US Transfers and we were there, had lunch, a couple of drinks and were waiting in the lobby when your bus arrived. Would highly recommend them! The weather, as you say, could have been a wee bit better but what the hey! white sand or white snow hmmmmmmmmmmm....

Mission, BC, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Mission, Abbotsford
Level Contributor
5,179 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from the Cat

Hola Kitley & welcome back!

So, whaddya think of the new “Non Reservation” system? Don’t know if I’m gonna like it. Spounds like a bit of a bother to me. I much preferred “Lining up” once getting all my reservations over & done with, then I KNOW when my meals are. Not sure about lining up each time for the ala carts....

PS, BigDave how about that women’s hockey team eh?

Pablo

Fri 09:04 PST

“Go Canada Go!”

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
875 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from the Cat

Glad you had a great time, Kitley! It sounds to me like they should take day-ahead reservations for Japanese, but leave the other a-la-cartes as walk-ups.

I'm not sure when we're going to be getting down there to the Cat again--soon, I hope!

Choctaw, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from the Cat

Thanks for that Pablo, hopefully tonight we'll know for sure that we'll have to beat Canada AGAIN to win the gold. I feel pretty sure that Finland & Slovakia will be in the bronze game. My fingers are crossed, if it comes to that I hope your guys don't play like they did against Russia or we'll be in trouble. Congrats though to your women

BigDave

TX
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back from the Cat

glad to hear you had a nice stay. Did they charge extra for transfering to the Cat Maroma? thanks.

Peterborough
Level Contributor
84 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back from the Cat

no charge...it was the hotel that moved us.

CT
Level Contributor
2,122 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back from the Cat

The reservation system was okay but I'd prefer to just make reservations for the whole week at check in.

monroeville, PA
Level Contributor
308 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back from the Cat

Kitley and redhatter,

What was the weather like? I am leaving in 10 days and wondered if I should bring jackets and long pants for the evenings instead of capris, shorts and tank tops.

I was expecting sun and 80's.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Aventuras