We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CAT info please

BOLTON
Level Contributor
282 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
CAT info please

We are thinking of going to the CAT for christmas so any info would be welcome. We will only be booking a standard room and though I am not too bothered about the fridge can anybody tell me if they supply drinking water for the room.

Illinois
Level Contributor
115 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CAT info please

From everything I have heard you get two bottled waters in a standard room and they have fill stations where you can replenish. I don't believe it is 2 waters per day but just the two you get the first day.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
126 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CAT info please

Hey Widgets....

The standard rooms are suppose to come with 2 bottles of water when you check-in, you can refill them at all bars & buffets. Our friends had a standard room and they did get a couple extra bottles during their week stay, probably an error... but then they were not suppose to have a fridge either, and their Standard room did have one.. so they were really lucky !

BOLTON
Level Contributor
282 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CAT info please

Thank you both for the info we have just booked to go on 20th December for christmas and new year so any more info would be greatly appreciated

Pat

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
875 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CAT info please

BC_IT_Guy uploaded a file under "Top Questions about Puerto Aventuras" (look in the upper right portion of the Puerto Aventuras Forums). If you click the link that says "Where can I find more information about the Catalonia Yucatan/Riviera Maya", you'll find a lot of useful information about the resort.

BOLTON
Level Contributor
282 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CAT info please

I have read the link and it is very good just hoping to get some more personal experiences from people that have already been, especially over the xmas period. My husband would also like to know if anybody knows about the local golf. prices etc.

Thanks

Birmingham
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CAT info please

It will be our first time too, we fly out from Manchester on 13th!! Maybe we will see you there!

Halifax
Level Contributor
261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CAT info please

We just got back from the CAT and we had a standard room. In the room were two water bottles...to reuse over the course of the week. There are spots to fill your bottles (tequilla bar and snack grill) and of course the staff are more than willing to fill em up for you too in the restaurants and buffets! I thought before going that not having a mini fridge in the room would a little weird, but it didnt even cross our minds...

The standard room was comfortable and spacious and spotless. We were on the ground floor and didn't even see a bug! The beds were firm, but not uncomfortable...the pillows were comfortable as well......

We considered upgrading our room, but figured it would be a waste of money....we were happy with our decision. We arent ones to spend much time in the room, just a snooze and a shower ;)

Hope you have a great time!!

Mission, BC, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Mission, Abbotsford
Level Contributor
5,177 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: CAT info please

Re Local Golf;

Never played, but it looks nice (Am a golfer, just never got around to playing down there). Price is quite reasonable, & is virtually right across the road, although he will have to walk up towards marina to get to the clubhouse. More info here;

http://www.puertoaventuras.com/golf.html

Hope this helps

Pablo

Mon 16:42 PST

BOLTON
Level Contributor
282 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: CAT info please

Hi Buddha we hope to see you and as you will have a week to scout about we can pick your brains when we arrive we are both past our prime and you cant miss my hubby he is stocky with a moustache and uses a walking stick he also says he has fine fair hair (meaning going white) I am really looking forward to christmas away and from the reports I have read I think we have made a good choice of hotel, we try to go to either Dom Rep or Mexico twice a year and have never had a bad holiday yet and to all the people that have given us info many thanks it is a great help

Birmingham
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: CAT info please

Hi Widgets

Ha ha!! We will look out for you!

I have just discovered that someone i work with is going too! Small world, we will see them for three days before they come home, we hope to pick their brains too!!

December can't come soon enough!