We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkel Gear at the CAT?/ Upgrade to Suite

boston
Level Contributor
111 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkel Gear at the CAT?/ Upgrade to Suite

Is snorkeling equipment available to rent at the CAT or does it come as part of the all-inclusive? Is is worth it to upgrade to a suite?

Choctaw, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkel Gear at the CAT?/ Upgrade to Suite

Snorkeling gear is free for 1 hour a day. We always bring our own so we can snorkel whenever and for how long we want to. Also, I don't like using a snorkel thats been in someone else's mouth. You can buy a decent set before you go for 30-40 dollars. We think the suite is worth the upgrade but it depends on what you want. Good luck & have fun

BigDave

CT
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkel Gear at the CAT?/ Upgrade to Suite

We brought our own although we did borrow the kayak paddles every day because the sea kayaks are a blast.

We had a deluxe room and it seemed more like a standard to me and I think next time we will get the deluxe. We were happy with the deluxe but the resort is not expensive so I think we will go for the suite for the room for my son plus I think the suite rooms have better views.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
151 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkel Gear at the CAT?/ Upgrade to Suite

I just bought snorkel gear for my upcoming trip to the CAT in May. I got it at Target for $20. It doesn't come with flippers though but the snorkel and mask, its by Speedo. Seems like a good quality set. We decided to book a suite, just based on reviews from people on the forum and the pictures as well, the suites are the best option imho..... Depends on your own needs and budget of course :)

Edited: 02 March 2010, 21:38
Peterborough
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkel Gear at the CAT?/ Upgrade to Suite

The snorkel equipment is free at the resort for 1hr a day, like everyone says, but it is mostly garbage. 8 of us were there and we all went one day and no one had good equipment. the flippers are fine but take your own mask and snorkel. When snorkeling make sure to go out past the bay (far side of the rock peninsula, it is nice and clear not too many go that far.

I just got back a week ago, when we were there, no upgrades were available, the resort was overbooked, they were offering free upgrades to the catalonia maroma, which looks like a really nice place.

Caledonia, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkel Gear at the CAT?/ Upgrade to Suite

Hubz...

We'll be at the CAT during the Ontario March break, and I was just wondering if the same happens to us...overbooked...should we accept the Marmora switch or refuse.

If I may...what did you do?

Have you been to either b4 and if so which would you recommend.

We are a family of two adults & 4 teens,

Also, how does a resort overbook...

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
745 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkel Gear at the CAT?/ Upgrade to Suite

The family and I are headed back to the CatRM in May for our fifth time, we absolutely love this resort. That being said I would not turn down a chance to go the the CatMaroma. It looks incredible, with an unbelieveable beach and I trust the Cat brand. The only reason we don't try this resort is that we have developed friendships with many of the personel at CatRM and look forward to seeing them almost as much as we look forward to the vacation.

I think it is a win-win either way, just roll with it.

Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Snorkel Gear at the CAT?/ Upgrade to Suite

Just got back from Cat Yucatan Mar 3rd.

If you've ever been curious about scuba & would like to try it, they have free 5 minute demos at the swimming pools daily at the Cat Yucatan/Riviera. Just ask where they are doing it & you'll get your free lesson. It can lead to a longer paid for course if you're interested & have time but there is no obligation. Am glad I tried it but didn't have time to take more extensive training. Maybe next time!

Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Snorkel Gear at the CAT?/ Upgrade to Suite

If you've ever been curious about scuba & would like to try it, they have free 5 minute demos at the swimming pools daily at the Cat Yucatan/Riviera. Just ask where they are doing it & you'll get your free lesson. It can lead to a longer paid for course if you're interested & have time but there is no obligation. Am glad I tried it but didn't have time to take more extensive training. Maybe next time!

Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Snorkel Gear at the CAT?/ Upgrade to Suite

Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Snorkel Gear at the CAT?/ Upgrade to Suite