We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kids want to know if they will see Iguana's at the CAT

Toronto
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Kids want to know if they will see Iguana's at the CAT

My kids are 4 & 5 and we have been showing them pics of Mexico.

They are very excited and both are wondering if they will see any Iguana's on the grounds?

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,330 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kids want to know if they will see Iguana's at the CAT

Ive never been anywhere in that part of Mexico where there havent been a lot of them! Ive never been to the CAT, but cant imagine they would/could do anything to eliminate them.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Choctaw, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kids want to know if they will see Iguana's at the CAT

xskipro, yes, you will see iguanas on the grounds there. Many of them in lots of different sizes. Tell them kids to have fun

BigDave

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
875 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kids want to know if they will see Iguana's at the CAT

Yep. The best place to spot the iguanas is at the lobby in the pickup/dropoff circle. There are always iguanas out front! You will also spot many iguanas while walking to the marina as well.

Have fun!

CT
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kids want to know if they will see Iguana's at the CAT

My son loves spotting iguanas too. There is a good size one that suns himself on the wall near building #6 on the Riviera side past the bathrooms heading towards the rooms. One day we overheard a detailed conversation about how the larger ones are the males and the smaller duller looking ones are the females and their mating habits. Too funny. Have fun, it is such a fun resort. Just PM me if you have questions. My son loved the snorkeling and kayaks the best. He also loved the non alcoholic drink called a Baby Monkey!!

Peterborough
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kids want to know if they will see Iguana's at the CAT

we saw lots of them, they like to sun on the rocks to the left of the lagoon, near the bridge to the condos.

Caledonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kids want to know if they will see Iguana's at the CAT

Yes you will see them around the resort. If your children visit kids club, they will have a day when they meet an iguana. In addition, there is a staff of photographers that walk around with an iguana, parrot and tucan on different days that you can get your pictures with. They will love it!! Be sure that they try kids club...my kids were not sure at first, but then we couldn't get them out of there!!

Toronto
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kids want to know if they will see Iguana's at the CAT

Thank you all....kids are pumped!!!!

8. Re: Kids want to know if they will see Iguana's at the CAT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2010, 07:16