We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catalonia Riviera Maya....Room types and Questions.

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Catalonia Riviera Maya....Room types and Questions.

We can only book a Standard or Superior/Deluxe. Can anone tell me what the difference is please?

Also how many a la'carte resturants do you get?

Is the Snorkeling as good at this hotel as the pictures show?

The beach is it a good size, some pictures show that its not very wide.

How far from Playa del Carmen? And is there any nightlife close to the hotel?

Thanks

Cat.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catalonia Riviera Maya....Room types and Questions.

There is a great link with lots of info at the top right under "Top Questions about Puerto Aventuras". There is a link called "Where can I find more info about the Catalonia..." there.

Snorkelling at the hotel is decent.

Beach is not the largest. Good for swimming and snorkelling but not a long "walking" type of a beach.

Free shuttle from the Catalonia in the evening to PDC. About a 15 drive..

Some night life in the Puerto Aventuras marina - more of a restaurant/bar scene. Big night clubs are in PDC.

Edited: 16 March 2010, 23:17
Illinois
Level Contributor
115 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catalonia Riviera Maya....Room types and Questions.

As far as the rooms go, the standard room is basic with no mini-fridge and a safe that costs you a couple of bucks each day to rent. The deluxe or upgrade room is, from what I know, a bit more modern, has a stocked mini-fridge and the safe is included free. I believe the cost is around $15 per day per person to upgrade from the standard.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
993 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Catalonia Riviera Maya....Room types and Questions.

Hello,

If you message me with an email I can zip up the pics of a standard room and the deluxe room from my site inspection last September. I have a listing for what the differences are as well that I will try to look up for you.

The beach is good size there and snorkeling can be good as well.

Hope this helps!

PL

Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
189 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catalonia Riviera Maya....Room types and Questions.

We just got back on Saturday. We had a standard room in the Yucatan section. We didn't have a mini fridge or a clock radio and the safe costs $3/day. This being said, we loved our room. We had a king size bed that was wonderful to sleep in (not hard at all). The bathroom was nice and clean and a good size. The best part of all is that we looked out over the pool and ocean. For us an upgrade wasn't necessary.

Elkton, VA
Level Contributor
60 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Catalonia Riviera Maya....Room types and Questions.

We are also looking at the Cat for our trip in June with 2 adults and 2 children, ages 8 and 10. Do the Superior rooms come with one King bed and a pullout sofa? If so, does anyone know if the sofa is comfortable enough for 2 children to sleep on? Thanks!

Caledonia, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Catalonia Riviera Maya....Room types and Questions.

We just returned and had 2 suites for 2 adults & 4 teens on the MR side. As far as I know the suites are all the same, a king bed and a pull out couch in the TV room. As far as comfortable??? Well I didn't think so but my 12 year old loved it and slept on it the entire week. The matress is ~4" thick on a wooden frame.

7. Re: Catalonia Riviera Maya....Room types and Questions.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2010, 05:17