We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My First Tript to Riviera Maya 5/22-5/29

Clifton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Topic
My First Tript to Riviera Maya 5/22-5/29

Hi Everyone! Staying at the CAT with my husband for our 1st anniversary and I'm so excited! I'm a big fan of reading reviews and forums at Tripfinder. Originally we planned to go to Dominican Republic, but after reading this forum I was sold on going to Riviera Maya and staying at the CAT.

I have a lot of research to do as we want to see the sights. I'd like not to not spend money where I don't have to, and spend it on what's worth while. Is there anything that you guys could tell me about either the CAT or Riviera Maya that one wouldn't think to look up?

Yay! Can't wait!

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,402 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My First Tript to Riviera Maya 5/22-5/29

Well, you probably WOULD think to look it up but think about doing a zipline? We did our best to ONLY do a zipline and the closest we got to that was with Selvetica. If you haven't had this experience yet then give it a try.

Clifton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: My First Tript to Riviera Maya 5/22-5/29

Lol. We did the zip line in St Lucia. My husband loved it. I hated it.

Wayzata
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My First Tript to Riviera Maya 5/22-5/29

Highly recommend getting aorund on your own and avoiding costly restrictive tours. You can use the public colectivo system or taxis. Visit places like AKumal for geat snorkleing, Tulum (ruins and town), Check out cancunmap dot com. A new RM map should be coming out soon.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,762 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My First Tript to Riviera Maya 5/22-5/29

Mayan ruins such as Coba or Tulum.

Have the hubby look at xplor.travel

Depending upon travel dates, look at

islawhalesharks.com

Edited: 08 April 2010, 23:37
cleveland
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: My First Tript to Riviera Maya 5/22-5/29

Xel-Ha wonderful snorkling trip you will have fun!!!What cat are you staying at the catalonia royal tulum or the catalonia riveria?I have been to both if you have any questions.

Clifton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: My First Tript to Riviera Maya 5/22-5/29

cat rm

7. Re: My First Tript to Riviera Maya 5/22-5/29

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2010, 06:17