We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 weeks and can't wait.....last min questions

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
3 weeks and can't wait.....last min questions

3 weeks from today we will be just landing in Cancun on our way to the CAT....waahooo. So excited I can't stop thinking about, I just have a few last minute questions....

1 - We are booked with USA transfers for the ride from the airport to the CAT. I have read that you can pay before you get there or pay them when you get there... Anyone paid before, i guess it is via paypal?? Just curious which way is better and/or safer.

2. Do we need water shoes? I am not going to stress about this just curious, we have some but they would take up space for more important things like all my sundresses haha.

Thank you guys/ladies on this forum for being so helpful....we honestly choose the CAT because of all the postive feedback and resources the forum provided....and the great price! :)

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
874 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 weeks and can't wait.....last min questions

I've used USA Transfers (and loved them!), but did not pre-pay. We paid $80 (plus tip, of course) on the transfer to the hotel and then $30 (+tip) on the transfer back to the airport.

We took water shoes on our first trip to the Cat and found we did not use them at all. Yes, the water is rocky upon entrance, but it is also plenty clear enough to where you can see to avoid the rocks. There is a sandy path into the water at the north end of the wooden walkway, close to the lagoon. You can take that small sandy path into the water and then into a large sandy area. If you enjoy snorkeling, though, be sure to take your own gear (fins aren't really necessary at the Cat, but you might want them if you plan to snorkle elsewhere).

Happy Travels! I'm sooooo jealous--wish I were going, too!

LL

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
151 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 weeks and can't wait.....last min questions

I think we'll be at the CAT the same time as you, we also booked with USA transfers but we come in on the 1st... I am paying part on the way there and part on the way back, I think its 70% on the way there? Not sure if that's very helpful info to you haha

I am not bringing water shoes, I think some freak out a bit about the rocks since the reviews state you can look and see where the rocks are and are not so I'm just gonna wing it :)

We did get our own snorkel gear at Target since using one that a lot of others have used grosses me out and the hour time limit doesn't appeal to me either so up to you, Target was $20 for the snorkel and mask.

Have a good trip! Maybe we'll see you guys there!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
151 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 weeks and can't wait.....last min questions

Ok, I'm super excited for my trip and didn't realize you said 3 weeks, not 2.... oops.....

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
822 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 weeks and can't wait.....last min questions

I can totally back that up....no water shoes are needed here unless you are incredibly helpless and can't find a clear path to enter.

-Surf:)

Caledonia, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 weeks and can't wait.....last min questions

As above, don't waste your time with the shoes. We took them & didn't use them once...use the luggage space & invest in a snorkel mask & fins.

There is a walmart on the way...your transfer company will stop & you can purchase snorkel equipment there for I'm told a reasonable price.

Have fun...

Boston
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 weeks and can't wait.....last min questions

Thanks everyone! looks like more room for sun dresses!!!!! Now down to two weeks.....it is getting tough to get any work done!!! :)

7. Re: 3 weeks and can't wait.....last min questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2010, 05:17