We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internet @ Royal Suites Yucantan

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Internet @ Royal Suites Yucantan

hi..can anyone comment on the speed or connectivity at the RSY? I believe there is a free wifi connection in the rooms there and I would love to take my laptop but as I had read someone's latest review, they had trouble connecting. It could either be they had a crappy laptop or it was the resort itself. So if anyone can enlighten me on whether I should even bother to take my laptop, I'd love to hear what you have to say.

Thanks!

Wayzata
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internet @ Royal Suites Yucantan

You can get a connection the the room. It is suggested that you bring an ethernet cable and you may need to have your butler set up the IP address for you. It is also suggested you leave it on that addresss so you don't lose it. Connection is better in the Royal lobby. There are also two computers to use in the Royal lobby with good connections. All lobbies have WiFi connections but I found the Royal to be better than the others.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Internet @ Royal Suites Yucantan

did you ever find it was a problem getting to use the computers in the lobby?

Wayzata
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Internet @ Royal Suites Yucantan

When we were there in April it rained for 1 1/2 days (unusual for April) so people were confined indoors and during that time there may be a wait for the computer. I bought a small e notebook that fit easily in my purse/beach bag and I often used that. When the weather was nice there usually was not a wait for the computers in the Royal lobby.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Internet @ Royal Suites Yucantan

I would buy a small one if it weren't for the fact I have a regular size one. Was there wifi at the pool at all? Not that I'd take it out there but am curious.

Wayzata
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Internet @ Royal Suites Yucantan

I recall someone posting on UP from the pool area once. I myself never tried it. Surprsingly the signal was good sometimes above the main pool on the Colonial side in El Gran Azul (lunchtime restaurant).

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Internet @ Royal Suites Yucantan

Okay, well, i guess I can just take my laptop and give it a try and hope for the best. I will also have an international data plan on my phone for the week so can access there as well, but obviously it's easier on the laptop.

Thanks for your info!

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Internet @ Royal Suites Yucantan

I was at the RSY a few weeks ago for the Addicts get together and had no problems with my laptop at the pool or in our suite. Furthermore, there were many guests using various computers around the pool and I didn't hear of any complaints that they were experiencing problems.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Internet @ Royal Suites Yucantan

Okay, it sounds good to me. I will just take my own laptop and go with the flow. That way I can download my pictures and send them to family!

9. Re: Internet @ Royal Suites Yucantan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2010, 05:18