We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Here at the Royal Suites Yucatan if you have questions!

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,482 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Here at the Royal Suites Yucatan if you have questions!

We arrived yesterday to not such nice weather, but today it is going to be a gorgeous day. If anyone has questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I can say this about the computers in the lobby....the keyboards are horrible. If you are American, you will have a very difficult time typing as the keyboard is not what you are used to and the mouse is hard as a rock..that's all I can say to explain that. So bring your own laptop if you have one. I skype with my daughter and it's awesome! I did have trouble getting a connection at first, but the butlers came to fix it for me and now it's working great.

Leamington, Canada
Level Contributor
379 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Here at the Royal Suites Yucatan if you have questions!

Most asked question in the Royal Lobby is" how do you get the @ key to work?" Have a great trip.

Wayzata
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Here at the Royal Suites Yucatan if you have questions!

I think I asked that myself (@) and felt like DUH when I saw that they had signs posted on the computers

ALT 64

Court if you want to wave to the webcam at the pool let me know and I'll save the picture for you. I'll need the time and day.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,482 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Here at the Royal Suites Yucatan if you have questions!

Luckily I didn't have to use the @ key but that damn mouse was pissing me off. *L* Happily the butlers got my internet to work using the ethernet cable so it's working wonderfully for me.

Unofficial...where is the webcam, which pool? I'm not sure I want to even see myself. haha

4. Re: Here at the Royal Suites Yucatan if you have questions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2010, 15:27
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,482 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Here at the Royal Suites Yucatan if you have questions!

okay, that's the first time I've been able to check out the webcam. I see it. I'll have to figure out where that spot is. *L* That's close enough for me! haha

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,482 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Here at the Royal Suites Yucatan if you have questions!

Unofficial, I will let you know on day and time. maybe tomorrow. does any time suit you?

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,669 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Here at the Royal Suites Yucatan if you have questions!

Is there anything you wish you had known that you are experiencing , before you left. I see that you have been to other all inclusives. How does it compare?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,482 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Here at the Royal Suites Yucatan if you have questions!

Coberg, to be honest, I do a lot of research before I go. So I'm going to say there's nothing really I wished I had known. What I wasn't fully prepared for was how big this place is. Compared to Iberostar, I'd say it's twice as big and unfortunately, there's a few drinks they don't/won't/can't make here that they could there, one in particular, a chocolate mudslide, but I'll survive. Oh, oh, oh, and if you like coconut ice cream, the ONLY place we found it was at the La Laguna bar. We happened to find it by luck. It is the only place so far that is the hard kind of ice cream. Everyone else serves softserve which I don't really care for. The coconut is to die for. :)

Wayzata
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Here at the Royal Suites Yucatan if you have questions!

Here is the webcam today at the Royal pool. I can be flexible on time - just give me a notice.

http://200.79.225.81:8080/view/index.shtml

I have an ice cream menu. There is hard ice cream served at both of the main bars above the swim up bars. There is also hard ice cream served in many of the ala cartes.

One thing I suggest is that people print out the map ahead of time and carry it with them the first couple of days. There are short cuts.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,482 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Here at the Royal Suites Yucatan if you have questions!

unofficial, when you say at the a la cartes, is that because it's on the menu as a dessert? We had the fried ice cream last night at Sumptouri and it was really good.