We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

el dorado seaside suites beach?

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Essex
Level Contributor
92 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
el dorado seaside suites beach?

according to some reviews the beach lets this hotel down. Can any one elaborate please. Would the sea be any good for a nervous, novice swimmer like me? If not, where would be best to stay in a small hotel all inclusive and on a lovely beach

Thanks

oh
Level Contributor
487 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: el dorado seaside suites beach?

Read the reviews for El Dorado Maroma - may be exactly what you are looking for

Essex
Level Contributor
92 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: el dorado seaside suites beach?

Thanks for your reply. The price is too much for what we can pay. Back to the drawing board!!

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: el dorado seaside suites beach?

I found the beach at EDSS lovely, most of the beach here has large sandbags to break the waves, The water here is quite shallow though, and in places you can walk quite far from the beach without the water coming above knee level. Some may find this no good for swimming but the water is calm and perfect for some very up close snorkelling.

You can take a short walk from the resort and perhaps the water gets a little deeper, but dependant upon weather there can be alot of waves, along the whole of this coast.

Hope this helps

Mel

Essex
Level Contributor
92 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: el dorado seaside suites beach?

Thanks Mel, much appreciated information

portsmouth
Level Contributor
876 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: el dorado seaside suites beach?

also considering EDSS...we love a long walk along the beach in the afternoon ? how far can you go at EDSS

thanks

also is secrets maroma the same as el dorado maroma ??

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: el dorado seaside suites beach?

one way on the beach leads to the "hidden beach" resort, not sure if you can walk that way. But certainly the other way you could take what looks quite a long walk along to the next resort. Possibly about a mile. Couldn't comment on the quality of the beach to do this though. However i would presume it would be fine. As for secrets maroma, and el dorado maroma, i always thought that secrets was a separate hotel chain but i couldn't say with 100% certainty. Mel

lincoln
Level Contributor
264 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: el dorado seaside suites beach?

Secrets Maroma and el dorado maroma are two totally different resorts

portsmouth
Level Contributor
876 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: el dorado seaside suites beach?

thanks everyone

London, United...
Level Contributor
245 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: el dorado seaside suites beach?

Sorry to disagree with some of the other reviewers,but I was at EDSS this Feb/March & this is my opinion:

The Northern section of the beach,which is the longest stretch,hardly qualifies as a beach at all.

It is separated from the sunbathing area by a low brick wall,and on the seaward side (which I regard as the beach) there are huge black sandbags,forming sea defences

There are signs on the wall telling guests not to cross it,not that you would want to-you certainly couldn't swim there.

The part where the beds are (the near side of the wall) is nice enough.

The beach at the Southern end is much nicer,sandy,shallow and has lots of fish to see just a little way out (up to the thighs).

You can borrow a life vest (free) if you are nervous,lots of people do ,so no need to be embarrased.

I believe you can walk south along the beach quite a way and then there is access across the headland to Akumal beach.

Not 100% sure as our friends,who tried it,gave up before they got to Akumal as they claimed to need a beer!!

Unless you are real beach people, I wouldn't be put off as the resort is lovely,clean and child free.

The N end of the beach is particularly quiet as all of the organised events take place at the resorts S end.

Give it a go-I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

BWSW.

Essex
Level Contributor
92 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: el dorado seaside suites beach?

Thanks for all your info, much appreciated.