We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edss swim ups blocks 35/36/37

uk
Level Contributor
32 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Edss swim ups blocks 35/36/37

Hi, if anyone who has stayed in blocks 35/36/37 could perhaps give me a little advice so we can decide which to request?...

I've read these blocks are the quieter of the swim-ups with a smaller bar, which is what we'd like - are they what is considered the 'old' blocks? Does that mean they're not as good standard as the newer blocks? Are they the 2-story blocks? Is the air-con good or old and noisy?? I've read some reviews saying these rooms are looking a little tired... But I'm unsure if they've been updated since then (review was 2008).

For those that have stayed in these, which would you say is better for being quiet/having less 'passing traffic' - is block 37 best as it's the furthest from the pool bar?

I've been looking at the map of the resort and photos, but any first hand advice would be much appreciated!

wisconsin
Level Contributor
335 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Edss swim ups blocks 35/36/37

We have not stayed in those blocks. They seem to far removed from things. Blocks 39 and 38 hook up to the main swimup pool and are far enough away for peace and quiet. Above the swimup bar there is a great place to relax chairs and beds that are roofed in.

somerset
Level Contributor
393 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Edss swim ups blocks 35/36/37

This is such a small resort there is not many that will be passing. What you need to remember is that any one can use the swim up area and bars. We stayed in an ocean front room at the far end and there was some partying going on in the late afternoon in the bar area of the swim up areas but not the bar at the far end. At the end of the day it depends on whos staying at the resort at the same time as you. If you stay in the room at the far end it is only a 5 min walk max to the restaurants etc

Livingston, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,040 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Edss swim ups blocks 35/36/37

We were in 3805 and although easy access to the bigger swim-up bar, it was fairly quiet most of the time. The other swim-up bar got fairly noisy too though when people discovered they could get served quicker!!!

Various rooms on that side were being refurbished when we were there (10-24 Sept) so were obviously empty so don't know how busy they are when they are all opened again.

There wasn't a lot of passing traffic when we were there but made for good people watching when someone did! :o)

4. Re: Edss swim ups blocks 35/36/37

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2011, 05:17