We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EDSS - enough to eat ?

danvers
Level Contributor
634 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
EDSS - enough to eat ?

didnt realize no buffet at breakfast is there enough to eat? we like a big breakfast any ideas what about the other meals? should we order l2 entreees each? thanks

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
129 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EDSS - enough to eat ?

I too love a big breakfast and i've never found it a problem at edss.

Go eat breakfast inside at the main bar. Here you will find a small buffet of fruit, pastries, yogurt, cereal sausage and an egg station. You can also order from the a la carte menu.

The trick is fill up on the buffet whilst you wait for your a la carte order to arrive. Oh and don't forget to order your sausage and bacon sides on your a la carte choice.

Your going to have a great time. Mel

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
829 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EDSS - enough to eat ?

You will have no problem filling up at EDSS. The food is outstanding and as melimo77 states, the breakfast bar has lots available and that, on top of the menu, makes for plenty of food and satisfaction!

We are going for our third visit in March and are both foodies and big eaters. You will love it!

-Surf:)

south of england
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EDSS - enough to eat ?

This topic is great and i hope it gets alot of attention .

I truely love a good English style breakfast , it just sets you up for the day , when the night before has been heavy ....lol . So can you go to a choice of eating places at EDSS , for breakfast i mean ,

Im not being a english yob but a full English is hard to beat so if the hotel comes close to that then we will be in for a treat ....lol .

We were in Cuba last yearand the breakfast was a bit hit and miss , have been to Mexico before and the food was top notch so we have high expectations .

Happy holidays /

Gary .

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EDSS - enough to eat ?

i agree a good english breaky is the best to soak up the new year celibtations. which restaurant does this?

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
129 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EDSS - enough to eat ?

Hi guys,

I wouldn't say you'd get a traditional full english. The sausage and bacon are more of an american standard than an english one but non the less very tasty. Eggs any which way you want them are great, and beans are of the re fried variety and not heinz.

However i would recommend you try a mexican breakfast. There is something very special about a spicy breakfast that i enjoyed very much. Such as a burrito stuffed with scrambled eggs and poblano chillies which was to die for. There are so many options for breakfast from pancakes and waffles to the more interesting mexican choices.

As a yorkshire lass i agree an english breakfast is great but when in rome and all that. Plus if you make a choice and you don't like it, re order. Thats the beauty of all inclusive. Have fun guys. Mel

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EDSS - enough to eat ?

like the sound of that.

danvers
Level Contributor
634 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: EDSS - enough to eat ?

Thanks so much it sounds so appetizing! Do they frown upon ordering more from the menu? Or is this commonplace? Thanks again for all of your help- we really love a great breakfast! Kathleen and ray!

Hiawatha, Kansas
Level Contributor
854 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: EDSS - enough to eat ?

Don't be afraid to order more than one entree and extra of anything, they will be happy to accomadate,

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
182 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: EDSS - enough to eat ?

Just returned from EDSS yesterday and thought I'd add my 2 cents.

Please dont worry about this at all. I dare you to go hungry at EDSS, it's impossible. I gained 10 lbs in one week!

I think the concern with small entres might be rooted in those who aren't accustomed to fine dining & ordering multiple courses. As an example, at the Italian resto dinner has 6 courses available: Appetizer, Soup, Salad, Pasta/Risoto, Main/Entre and Dessert. Of course each is relatively small (the pasta is the acception and is usually medium sized), how on earth could you eat more than 1 (2 max) courses if they were the size of meals at American chain restos? Trust me, order 4-5 courses and you'll be rolling out there just as I was (and I'm not one of those girls who fills up on a shared appetizer and a salad).

The breakfast (as well as most everything else) is fantastic. You will NOT have ANY trouble filling up on the delicious fare. True, they dont offer a traditional English breakfast but they do offer a full American style breakfast (same as English but no baked beans). Additionally they offer an amazing Eggs Bene with chipotle hollandaise, the breakfast burrito mentioned above is a decadent treat, the chilequiles are delish (traditional Mexi breakie) and there are loads of other wonderful choices. There is also a buffet that you can avail yourself of while you wait for your a la carte brekkie to arrive. It includes a choice of fresh juices, lovely pastries & breads, fruit & yogurt options, refried beans, grilled veggies, bacon & sausage, and made to order omletes.

The coffee is superb, the service is very good and the waiters are only too happy to bring you as much of anything as you might want. Personally, I was a sucker for the Eggs Bene and had it almost everyday (with 2 poached eggs instead of the standard 1)

The breakfast menu at Arricifes can be viewed here: karismahotels.com/sites/…ArrecifesMenu.pdf

All of the menus, including the brekkie at Vida/The Garden Grill are available for viewing online at Karismahotels.com

Enjoy!!

danvers
Level Contributor
634 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: EDSS - enough to eat ?

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such an informative response! We enjoyed looking on line at the menu and plan to follow suit with ordering 4-5 entrees as you suggested. I'm getting hungry just thinking of it! Breakfast is our favorite meal! I love that they seem to offer some mexican fare in order to explore the culture via food. Thanks again- can't wait to go! December will be here soon. Cheers.