We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CAT Roll call May 21-28 2011

Choctaw, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
CAT Roll call May 21-28 2011

Yep, I know it's early but what the heck. I'm excited and ready to be there. So, who else is coming? I think we can out do last years bunch.

BigDave

Chicago, Il
Level Contributor
3,784 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CAT Roll call May 21-28 2011

Dare I say sign me up??? I know it will be a great time if you & Mrs. Dave are there.

Dawn & I are sneaking down Nov 13-18 WITHOUT THE GUPPIES! Found a steal of a deal to (sorry to say) Iberostar Paraiso Beach. It was actually cheaper than any of the Catalonia resorts (CAT, Royal Tulum, Maroma) so we took it. I know I know, it won't compare to the CAT.

How's your Mayan bathroom look? Still beautiful? We followed your lead & decorated one end of our living room in a Mexican beach look, including pictures of us on vacation, glued shells on picture frames, bowls of shells & sand, beachy colors.

Take care bro,

SeaBass

Choctaw, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CAT Roll call May 21-28 2011

Good to hear from you Seabass. yes, the bathroom rocks. We also have a spare bedroom done up like a beach resort. One whole wall is a photo mural of a beach. We have decor from our travels to Mexico and other beachy areas around the room. Prety cool looking. Hope you two have fun next month. Curious to hear about that resort. So, will we see you in May?

BigDave

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: CAT Roll call May 21-28 2011

Wow

Not a lot of joiners this year. I think Mr. Beachbell is leaning toward Jamaica...but you never know.

PARIS HUH. Now that sounds like fun Big Dave.

Beachbell

Chicago, Il
Level Contributor
3,784 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CAT Roll call May 21-28 2011

Back from Iberostar Paraiso Beach. Nice but HUGE! Waaaay too big for us. Back to The Cat for future stays.

Beachbell, Jamaica over Riviera Maya? Not for me. And for some reason the resort prices are higher in Jamaica. And nobody speaks Spanish!

Still working on a May trip,

SeaBass

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
83 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CAT Roll call May 21-28 2011

We're booked for the same dates! Its our first time to the CRT, but we've been a bunch of different AIs in Mexico before. Do you know what's the best building to request?? We are booked for a junior suite. Any other tips?

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
660 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CAT Roll call May 21-28 2011

oh oh look who s back from the dead...lol..deb and me are looking at the cat in punta cana and maroma too..but don t tell dave......cosmo

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
660 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CAT Roll call May 21-28 2011

sorry dave we can t go that late..were going 14th to the 21st in may....most likely with steve and mary...if there livers are still working..lol...and we don t choose those other two places...cosmo

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
660 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: CAT Roll call May 21-28 2011

jamaica sounds good but i do not know were to stay...don t know to many people that go there..would like to stay in the cat family...cosmo

Chicago, Il
Level Contributor
3,784 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: CAT Roll call May 21-28 2011

Hey Cosmo,

Cat Royal Bavaro gets top marks from what I see. We went to Melia in Punta Cana 10 years ago. Nice beach but lots of sea grass floating on the whole Bavaro Beach. They rake it up but still floats in the water where I swam. From Chicago, it's hard to get to Punta Cana without connecting or buying an expensive tour package (Apple, Funjet, etc). So for the shorter nonstop flight and much lower cost, Riv Maya always comes out better.

I've been to Jamaica twice. To me, it doesn't compare to Riv Maya, again for cost & more expensive connecting flights. Golf is very good in Montego Bay, but also great now in Riv Maya new courses.

Adios,

SeaBass

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
660 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: CAT Roll call May 21-28 2011

so what your saying i am stuck with dave another year if i go late in may ...thats great....ok thanks for the info..we ll keep an open mind on our pick next year...lol...cosmo

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Aventuras