We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing trip from EDSS

UK
Level Contributor
175 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing trip from EDSS

Can fishing trips be arranged at EDSS or can anyone recommend a company to contact? My partner would like to do a half day trip, so this would have to be as part of an organised group. Many thanks.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
129 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing trip from EDSS

I don't know for certain but i'd say its definately more than likely that the guys at lomas travel in the loby or the guys at the water sports hut on the beach would be able to arrange this for you. Mel

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,170 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing trip from EDSS

or google Captain Ricks in PA

You can rent a boat or do drop ins

Temecula, California
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing trip from EDSS

We've done Captain Rick's and enjoyed it. Your partner may or may not get a chance to fish. We had 8 people on our boat and only two got to fish. It was still fun.

What we like more is going to Akumal and renting a Panga. Only about $175 for 1/2 day. If you catch anything it can be cooked up at Cuevo Del Pescador's -a local restaurant. Yum!!!

Big plus to Akumal--the absolutely gorgeous beach with excellent snorkeling, and the local shops and restaurants. You'd both have a great 1/2 day.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
830 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing trip from EDSS

We walked out the lane, got a collectivo and went to Puerto Aventuras. It was not far at all, like maybe 10 minutues? It dropped us off right on the hwy by the gates of PA and we walked to the Marina, about a 20 minute walk. It's a very nice walk. Once we got to the Marina there were a dozen companies set up there with tables, trying to best the other to give you the best deal on a fishing trip. Many different choices, from renting the entire boat with Captain and crew (which we did, 2 fishermen (us) and 5 hours (negotiated that extra hour) for $250 total to sharing a charter for considerably less. I think we got a great deal. The equipment, boat and crew were awesome and we ended up with a sailfish, a white marlin and a small tuna. There was no sharing of rods and all the beer we could swill.

The downside(?) was that we had to go there first of course, and booked our trip for 3 days later. It was all good though. We spent the afternoon of booking having drinks and watching dolphins/people. Not a problem, as we had 2 weeks anyway.

That's the beauty of the area. You can move around freely and safely and do everything yourself for a lot less money.

Whatever you decide....enjoy!

-Surf:)

UK
Level Contributor
175 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing trip from EDSS

Thanks everyone for your help, much appreciated.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,170 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Fishing trip from EDSS

quote: What we like more is going to Akumal and renting a Panga. Only about $175 for 1/2 day

Very recommended - you won't get spoilt but great fishing

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
466 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fishing trip from EDSS

Hi Suzie, you can book a fishing trip from EDSS from the kiosk on the beach where the kayaks & stuff are. I went with these guys in March & it was a good trip. Minivan pick up & drop off at reception, can't remember the price but I don't think it was anything like $175. The boat leaves from Maroma Beach & the restaurant there will cook your catch!! Enjoy.

Wales
Level Contributor
97 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fishing trip from EDSS

Dear sir

I notice from one of your reviews that you say there is a bus link from EDSS to Cancun - does the bus allow suitcases on it - we are staying at the EDSS in December for a week and then we want to arrange a transfer to RIU in Cancun

Thanks for any replies

9. Re: Fishing trip from EDSS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2012, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Aventuras