We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back 17 days at the CAT. Did lots of excursions. Any ?

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
436 reviews
Save Topic
Just back 17 days at the CAT. Did lots of excursions. Any ?

Was our 4th time to CAT. Also stayed 2 times at Dreams. We have done many of the excursions. Xcaret, Xplor, Coba ruins, Tulum ruins, Horsebackriding, Aktunchen, Hidden Worlds, Crocunzoo, Cozumel, Isla Mujeres and explored towns, Tulum, Coba, Puerto Aventuras, Puerto Morales, Akumal, Playa Del Carmen and more. Happy to answer any questions while fresh in my mind.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
829 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back 17 days at the CAT. Did lots of excursions. Any ?

Can you tell me a little bit about your experience at Xplor?

Thanks,

Surf:)

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
829 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back 17 days at the CAT. Did lots of excursions. Any ?

Sorry, and horseback riding too?

Leicester, England
Level Contributor
242 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back 17 days at the CAT. Did lots of excursions. Any ?

Hi

Could you tell me what it was like at Cozumel and the sort of things that are over there?

Thanks

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back 17 days at the CAT. Did lots of excursions. Any ?

2 weeks - Explor was ziplines (8 of them with some landing in water), 4 wheeling through the jungle, paddleing in rafts through underground rivers, swiming in underground rivers. Plan to spend all day there. Meal and drinks (juices and water) included. Costs $99 us per person. We had a great time. The name of a good horsebackriding place is Rancho Baaxal. Small family owned business. Only take out 6 riders at a time. Look it up on internet explains everything. I believe it was $70 us per person.

Kirsty - Rode the ferry from Playa Del Carmen. Walked all over downtown, usual shops and some restaurants. Didn't rent transportation there so stayed in about a l mile radious of town. My opinion it was not worth all the hassle to get there. Not much to see. Wouldn't go again. :) Isla Mujeres was more interesting and fun.

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back 17 days at the CAT. Did lots of excursions. Any ?

2 weeks - I need to correct myself, I believe there are 16 zip lines but we only went on 8.

Amherstburg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back 17 days at the CAT. Did lots of excursions. Any ?

Hi there...what is there to do at Isla...how long and what cost to get there

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back 17 days at the CAT. Did lots of excursions. Any ?

Kitley - We took the ferry from Puerto Juarez, just North of Cancun. Cost about $12 us each for round trip. 15 minute ferry ride. Rented a golf cart for $42 us for the day. Traveled the Island twice by cart. Beautiful ocean and beach there. The main town has lots of shops of course. Some really good restaurants (we had lunch). Drove our cart down the Island (quite the experience if you have never ridden in one. Small seat, not much to hang on to and it litterly flies down the hiway) You have to drive amongst mopeds, taxis, and lots of golf carts. We stopped at the turtle farm first , cost about $2-3 to view turtles, seahorses, and fish. Nice. Then on down the coastal highway. Saw several Mexican cemetaries, small towns, gorgeous homes along the coast line. Stoped at a park called Hacienda Mundaca. They have zip lines there. There is a Dolphin Discovery. It is definately a worthwhile day trip.

Amherstburg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back 17 days at the CAT. Did lots of excursions. Any ?

DaBride...thanks so much for the info...sounds like something different from Playa and Coz..thanks!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
829 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back 17 days at the CAT. Did lots of excursions. Any ?

Thanks DaBride, for the information!

-Surf:)

Welland
Level Contributor
143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back 17 days at the CAT. Did lots of excursions. Any ?

When you did the xplor tour did you take the one that picks you up at the hotel or did you take public transit? How much cheaper is it to get there on you own. How far is it from the hotel? One complaint that I have read about says you are at the park way too long on the tour with transportation. Are you able to do the activities at the park as many times as you want while you are there?

Thaks for any info!

Jeanne