We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pueblo recommendations edss

danvers
Level Contributor
634 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
pueblo recommendations edss

Hi anywhere safe, quaint and recommended for an enjoyable cultural experience near edss? Handmade items etc? I heard about Akumal? thanks again

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
829 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pueblo recommendations edss

We thoroughly enjoyed walking around the town of Tulum. It was interesting and fun. We saw fruit stands and little grocery stores, had some ice cream, frozen bananas dipped in chocolate...it was a great afternoon.

I liked that the shop keepers were laying in their hammocks and couldn't be bothered chasing you up the street or bugging you and following you around the store trying to sell you stuff, unlike PDC, which we also loved by the way!

-Surf:)

PS...we walked on the beach and rocks, jumping from boulder to boulder from the Tulum ruins for what seemed like hours until we could not go any furthur and a resort guard would not let us walk through out to the road so we hiked it through the jungle on a path he pointed out (just for about 15 minutes, thank God) until we came out on a road in the middle of nowhere and when we stepped out (yes, I was panicking now) a taxi flew by, braked and picked us up. I was so happy to see him. We ended up at some restaurant/hotel on the beach and pigged out, then took a taxi to the town of Tulum from there. After we did the town we grabbed the colectivo right there which dropped us off right at the EDSS driveway. It was quite a day...but I wouldn't recommend that walk!

-Surf:)

2. Re: pueblo recommendations edss

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2011, 06:41