We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shuttle to PDC from Catalonia Yucatan

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Topic
shuttle to PDC from Catalonia Yucatan

Hi,

We are considering a stay at the Catalonia Yucatan in March 2011. Could someone give me an idea on a couple of things?

First, does the Yucatan have a free shuttle into PDC and if not, how far is it to HWY 307 and how does one get there? cab?

Thanks in advance

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,097 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shuttle to PDC from Catalonia Yucatan

No, they discontinued that November 1st. To take a cab would be about $16. You could walk out to 307 (about 2 miles) and catch a collectavo for about $2.

Wooferville
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: shuttle to PDC from Catalonia Yucatan

We always walked out to the highway & got a ride on collectivo. Other post is right on cost of $2 US per person. You get dropped off a couple blocks from main shopping street. Walk out to hghway is not that bad. Taxi is right at hotel if you want to spend $16 one way for the ride.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: shuttle to PDC from Catalonia Yucatan

ok..thanks...i am familiar with the collectivo process, just curious about the distance to 307, thanks for clearing that up for me.

I'm a little concerned about booking with Nolitours, the last time i booked this resort with them i got bumped with less than 24 hours to go, but ..well..thought i'd try it again.

Mike

Mission, BC, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Mission, Abbotsford
Level Contributor
5,175 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shuttle to PDC from Catalonia Yucatan

Hola Mike,

We always have just taken a taxi even when they had the shuttle. Something to keep in mind depending on how many is in your party; Taxi will hold 4 people, so that’s $4 @. Colectivo is either $2 or $3@ (see following link for more info). So is the saving really that much? For me, nope, the taxi is WAY more convenient. It can be a bit of a hike to the hwy, depending on the heat & how much Tequila you’ve had…

http://www.travelyucatan.com/collectivo.php

Have booked with Nolitours 10 out of the 11 times to the area & have never been bumped (Touch wood…) I don’t think that is the norm. It DOES happen from time to time though & have heard it happen with other tour operators & resorts.

They wouldn’t DARE bump me from my beloved “Cat” though…

Pablo

Wed 08:28 PST

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: shuttle to PDC from Catalonia Yucatan

lol....well i will just keep my fingers crossed then.

Alberta, Canada
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: shuttle to PDC from Catalonia Yucatan

The collectivo is more like1 km if you walk to the right when you come out of your hotel and follow the road around in the shade rather than go thru "town" it takes about 15 minutes....

7. Re: shuttle to PDC from Catalonia Yucatan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2011, 06:21