We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams Puerto Aventuras or Grand Sirenis Riviera Myan

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
north bay ontario
Level Contributor
208 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Dreams Puerto Aventuras or Grand Sirenis Riviera Myan

Hello Everyone. Planning a trip in March. Two 50 something ladies. I have been reading all the reviews and it says that Grand Sirenis has a better beach and pools and more restaurants although there is a limit of 3 ala carte. At Dreams there is unlimited ala carte and no reservations but they say the pools are small. Not sure which one would have more childrent as we could not afford an adults only. I know Grand Sirenis is twice a big but that could be a good things. Looking for some comments from anybody who has stayed at both. Thanks so much.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,440 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams Puerto Aventuras or Grand Sirenis Riviera Myan

Between these two resorts, we'd recommend the Grand Sirenis for you. There will be definately less children there too, especially in March.

A fantastic, reasonably priced, adult-only alternative that you should check-out is the Catalonia Royal Tulum resort!

Happy Travels whichever you choose!

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams Puerto Aventuras or Grand Sirenis Riviera Myan

I say Dreams PA. Love it and have stayed there twice.

Maryland
Level Contributor
467 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams Puerto Aventuras or Grand Sirenis Riviera Myan

We stayed at Dreams PA (two 50 something ladies as well) and I really did not like it. In general, I like Dreams and Secrets Resorts (AM Resorts), but felt they missed something in converting this one to a Dreams. The pool is small and shallow, beach is somewhat rocky, although food was good. I can't comment on Grand Sirenis, but if given the choice, I would opt for Grand Sirenis. I don't know what prices you're getting, but Secrets Capri had comparable prices to Dreams on Orbitz. I can highly recommend that resort for a ladies getaway.

Have fun wherever you go!

~~Sue

MI
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams Puerto Aventuras or Grand Sirenis Riviera Myan

Catalonia Royal Tulum is in one of the most beautiful settings I've seen. The beach is incredible and the place has the largest pool I've seen. We have stayed throughout the Caribbean and this place is among the top.

We travel with our children now and choose Dreams because it often has a children free special which makes it attractive for families. Therefore, there will be lots of kids!

Take a look:http://www.cataloniaroyaltulum.com/

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
638 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams Puerto Aventuras or Grand Sirenis Riviera Myan

My husband and I went to Grand Sirenis a few years ago (without our children) and loved it! I have not been to the dreams resort, but would definitely recommend Grand Sirenis. We went in July and hardly saw any children. I can also tell you that we really enjoyed the food there. If you like guacamole....the guacamole at their beach bar is to die for. We ate lunch at the beach bar most days. The japanese and brazillian restaurant were great and we enjoyed the buffets as well. I don't think you would be disappointed. The resort is large, so there would be some walking, but we didn't mind! It's vacation, so I'm sure you'll enjoy anywhere you go. Better than being at home! Although I do understand some places can make your trip more enjoyable than others. Good luck and have a great vacation!

6. Re: Dreams Puerto Aventuras or Grand Sirenis Riviera Myan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2012, 15:16