We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itravel2000 /Nolitours / hotel voucher

Canada
Level Contributor
2,105 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Itravel2000 /Nolitours / hotel voucher

We booked the Cat Yucatan upgrade suite through Itravel and Nolitours. We received our e tickets and hotel voucher and it says the safe is an extra charge. I called Itravel and left 3 messages over the past week with no response from our agent. Another in our group has also been trying to call him. Poor service once they have your money!

Anyway I did get through to another very unhelpful agent who told me there may be a deposit required for the safe? She told me in a nasty tone that it wasnt a great concern. She did verify that the coded jargon on our voucher was a suite room. Has anyone else had this info about the safe on the hotel voucher?

Mission, BC, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Mission, Abbotsford
Level Contributor
5,185 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itravel2000 /Nolitours / hotel voucher

I wouldn’t let it worry you, if in fact you did book ANY upgrade the safe is included. Probably just a “Standard” blurb on the voucher….

Pablo

Tue 07:31 PST

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,450 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itravel2000 /Nolitours / hotel voucher

Hey bryna

Stayed at the Catalonia Yucatan a couple years ago. Flew with Nolitours as well. To answer your question, YES there is a charge for the safes. Can't remember the charge but I believe it was $3 - $5 USD per day for the use of safe.

Cheers

Mission, BC, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Mission, Abbotsford
Level Contributor
5,185 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itravel2000 /Nolitours / hotel voucher

Yes I suppose I should clarify a bit more, Standard room $3.00 per night (Or that is what it used to be), ANY upgraded room it is included…

Pablo

Tue 08:01 PST

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,847 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itravel2000 /Nolitours / hotel voucher

bryna123, I can't help you re safe charges at the hotel, but just want to warn you to be very persistent with itravel 2000. We (foolishly) used them 2 or 3 years back, and you're right. Once you have booked and paid, their service is non-existent! They really screwed up our reservations, Our voucher also had a glitch in it, and we were told, minor, no problem, your invoice has all the info. Guess what! On arrival at the hotel, we found that parts of the invoice was screwed up too , and the hotel would not accept it. The response from Itravel when we contacted them? "Sorry, we cannot help you while you are at your destination. Contact customer service when you return"! Believe me, that was a real exercise in futility.

Also, Air Transat Holidays would not accept their invoice either!!

Perhaps you might want to contact the resort to clarify whether or not the safe is included in your room category. If it is, go after itravel relentlessly before you leave Canada. Get it in writing!!

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,847 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itravel2000 /Nolitours / hotel voucher

Just a further comment. You might want to call Nolitours yourself to get clarification from them. Speak to a supervisor if you need to.

Hope you get it resolved before you go, so that you can really enjoy your vacation!

White Rock, Canada
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itravel2000 /Nolitours / hotel voucher

Our recent vacation at the Cat. Yucatan was booked with itravel2000 as a Nolitours package.

I received excellent service from itravel2000! Having used this agency several times now, I've determined that many of the agents work part-time or odd hours so they are not always immediately available when you call. There were a couple of minor changes to the flight times before departure. I received an email informing me of the changes and a follow up phone call as well. One problem however seems to be the numerous room categories available at this resort and the inclusions for each. This is confusing!! Even the Nolitour people have trouble trying to keep it straight! I'm glad that I had done my OWN research before booking- something I strongly urge everyone to do.

As I had specifically booked a standard room, I knew the in-room safe charge of $3 was not included. At check-out I was offered to pay the amount in CDN funds ($21,00), but I opted to pay in pesos (260 pesos).

Canada
Level Contributor
2,105 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itravel2000 /Nolitours / hotel voucher

Thanks for the replies

I had researched this fully so when I saw that on the voucher it made me want to have it clarified. Thought it would be a simple call.

I will contact Nolitours thanks for the suggestion.

8. Re: Itravel2000 /Nolitours / hotel voucher

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2012, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Aventuras