We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ziplining?

Ontario
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Ziplining?

Is there any affordable zipling excursions in the area? What is included for the price? Thanks!!! Also would you recommend it for a 13 year old boy?

Nashvillle
Level Contributor
84 posts
539 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ziplining?

Xplor is by far the safest for all ages. My 11 year old loved it last summer. It's a bit pricy but includes a very nice buffet lunch and unlimited fruit drinks.

There are many zip lines (I believe 11) and they have double cables compared to most others in the Mayan Riviera which have only one (Hidden World, etc). Also there are so many other activities (ATV riding, river swim and canoeing). We have been to the Mayan Riviera area about 11 times in the last 4 years and Xplor remains the #1 attraction for us and our families. It is clean and very well run. Check out the reviews which are numerous.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,112 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ziplining?

Another one to check is Selvatica

selvatica.com.mx

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ziplining?

Hidden Worlds is great too. A few activities: ziplines, rapelling into a cave, zip into a cenote, swim/snorkle in a cenote and sky-cycle. I heard they have some sort of zip coaster (I've not been on). The staff is very professional and you pay for the activity you choose.

Any 13 year old boy would love it.

Nashvillle
Level Contributor
84 posts
539 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ziplining?

Just a note on Hidden World. We visited a couple of years ago and they said that our valuable would be 100% safe in their lockers with locks. Well, as we found out over $300 US was stolen. Management said it must have been inside personnel as they are only ones to have access. After a couple of days of back and forth with owner, we were reimbursed for our stolen money.

CT
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ziplining?

We loved the Alltournative Tour Company, we selected the Mayan Encounter that had a little bit of everything including zipline and climbing Coba. Highly recommend.

6. Re: Ziplining?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 00:17