We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shuttle

USA
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
shuttle

We are leaving soon for Barcelo, this will be my first trip to Mexico. I was wondering how safe the shuttle is from the airport to Barcelo. Do we go through some sketchy towns??? Do we need to worry about our safety while in the shuttle???? We booked a private shuttle.

thanks

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,364 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shuttle

No need to worry. You'll be on the highway. Mega traffic. Just be aware of the time share sharks in the airport. They are NOT your shuttle. You'll find them outside the doors.

Cheers

Mission, BC, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Mission, Abbotsford
Level Contributor
5,177 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shuttle

And you can ask your shuttle driver to stop so you can grab a cold cervesa or 2 to have on the drive. The drive is about 1.25 hrs…

:-D

Pablo

Thu 09:25 PST

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shuttle

You will be as safe as you are at home on a highway...no worries.

calgary
Level Contributor
363 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shuttle

If it is not a busy time of the day it only took us 45 min to an hour to get to the resort. We took USA transfer and they were great very very safe.

USA
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: shuttle

thanks for the responses...

What time is considered rush hour in mexico???

Mission, BC, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,177 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: shuttle

Beginning & end of the workday, same as ours I would assume....

:-D

But more so if there is road construction, which has been the case at some point on the hwy for the last couple of years...

Pablo

Thu 23:23 PST

Phoenix
Level Contributor
129 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: shuttle

Beach Bum, We have been to the Mayan Riviera area several times. We felt very safe. We even rented a car a couple of days from the resort and explored the area up and down the coast. Don't just stay at the resort the whole time. You'll miss out on a lot if you do.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
660 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: shuttle

HEY Pablo i thought the taxi and van service stopped the drivers from getting cervesa on the way to the resorts??? if not ...cool......yeah but its worth it ,that new cut through under the ramp gets you to the cat a little quicker......cosmo

Mission, BC, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,177 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: shuttle

Gee I dunno Cosmo…. I always take the included transportation, & they always have cervesa. Well except once, it was like 6:00 in the AM & driver couldn’t understand why we wanted cervesa that early in the AM???

I said yep, its early, but we’ve been up all night!

:-p

Pablo

Sat 08:39 PST

London, Canada
Level Contributor
233 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: shuttle

I took the included shuttle to EDSS, and they didn't sell beer on the bus this time.