We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aventura Spa Palace Questions

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Aventura Spa Palace Questions

Greetings all, looks like ASP is a go for a Aug 6-13th special annivarsary/birthday vacation. Anniversary is aug 5th, wife birthday is aug6th. She knows she is going to a palace resort, just not which one.

A few questions real fast

1. Shuttle bus system still in use? And does it go to Xpu-Ha Palace? Or just to Playacar, and Moon Places? Anyone know the times for departure, and return?

2. Which restaurant do we do on her birthday?

3. Favorite bar out of the group for me?

4. Any bld, or room no. in oceanview, or concierge level to try and request on arrival?

Thanks for any replies

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aventura Spa Palace Questions

Congrats C-busDawg!

I'd be interested in hearing feedback on these questions as well. We'll be there in November, but only for 3 nights. Also celebrating my 40th birthday and our 15th anniversary.

detroit
Level Contributor
126 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aventura Spa Palace Questions

I'm also curious...by the photo's it's hard to tell if the beach area just surrounds the lagoon or if you can go into the ocean from the resort

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,570 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aventura Spa Palace Questions

We were there 6 years ago for our honeymoon. It is huge. You definitely can not access the ocean - they just have two lagoon/pool-type spots to swim in. Too long ago to remember building/restaurants...sorry. ASP still has the very best in-room jacuzzi we have had in all of our adult only trips. It is just HUGE - loungers basically in the tub. Careful with the bubble bath they give you.....use just a bit. Most of us newleyweds had flooded our rooms when we went to the honeymooners dinner. Excellent/fast room service.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aventura Spa Palace Questions

Hillystyles I can help with at least one of your questions look at this

www.locogringo.com/maps/tour/136a-t.html

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aventura Spa Palace Questions

See what I can add, we did our 30th there but it was a little less than two years ago.

No ocean access, only the man made lagoons. Ocean is way to rocky and rough in this area for people to get in. Really liked the lagoons. Seawater and sea life without the sand, waves and undertow.

The shuttle left early in the morning, around 8:30 or so, heading to Playacar and north to Cancun area returning in late afternoon. There was not a shuttle to Xpu-Ha when we were there.

We stayed in the Clarin bldg on the spa side. Nice location with good views of the grounds and the ocean in the distance. Don't think any of the rooms except the presidentials have a full on ocean view.

Our favorite restaurant was La Hacienda (Mexican) on the Cove side. We ate there twice including our anniversary dinner. Second choice would be either La Tratorria or La Huerta. Be sure to take the right clothes to get in to any of these.

Amazingly, my favorite bar was the lobby bar on the Cove side. Had a great bartender, Alvaro, at the time. They have added a few new bars since we were there though.

Congrats on the anniversay and the birthday. Have a great trip!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aventura Spa Palace Questions

Ischmitty- Congrats to you as well, and thanks never been in ASP before, in June were doing the Tulum tour from BP. And were going to stop at the Cove Palace for lunch I guess. So that will be first time on the property for us.

Mnkclt- Lobby bar usually works at night. Do you know if this martini bar is outside?

Edited: 11 May 2011, 02:54
Cape Girardeau...
Level Contributor
335 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aventura Spa Palace Questions

Many people like the lobby bars and they do have great service but I like the martini bar and I don't like martinins. The reason I like this bar over the others is location, location, location. The bar is located in a plapa that is out by the ocean in the middle of the north inlet. When the breeze is up the place has a fantastic atmosphere with waves crashing and a moonlit view of the carribean sea; not like any other bar you could go to in your hometown. If you go there give it a try.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aventura Spa Palace Questions

The lagoons ARE the ocean. The ocean flows into, through and out of the lagoons from inlets. There just isn't your standard beach. There is plenty of room to swim, snorkel, kayak and just hang out in the lagoons. The bottoms of the lagoons are sand. The shuttle runs once round trip. It starts at Xpu-ha in the morning and ends at Xpu-ha on the return trip in the afternoon. That is why there isn't a shuttle to Xpu-ha Palace. For her birthday I'd say do La Hacienda with the tableside guacamole or do the romantic lobster dinner. It's done on the patio of one of the ocean front restaurants(I forget which one) overlooking the ocean.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aventura Spa Palace Questions

TheLegend_11- Thanks a million I can see what your talking about, sounds like I found my bar. In Cancun at the Beach Palace they have Skyview, bar at 14th floor outside on rooftop, simliar effect. YES on Martini Bar. I'll be living there.

Love2Norkel- Thanks I forgot about the romantic dinner option. La Hacienda is the Mexican rest. at the Cove palace correct? Others say that is one of or the best rest. on the property.

Edited: 11 May 2011, 03:41
Livingston, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,040 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aventura Spa Palace Questions

MoMoNaHaNa (sp?) has always been our favourite, we had our Wedding Dinner there when we got married 2 years ago - in the 2 weeks I think we ate there 3 or 4 times!!

I don't think on any of the times we have visited ASP we have had a bad meal.

Lagoons are excellent for snorkling and swimming.