We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bubba Kegs?

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
salem, oregon
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Bubba Kegs?

Just wondering if I need to invest in one of these bubba kegs I keep reading about? What are you guys putting in them? Are they for beer or can you drink any of the mixed drinks out of them? Also, What drinks are the best at the CAT? What are your favorites as I would like to try something different than my norm? Thanks Mike

kentucky
Level Contributor
5,741 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bubba Kegs?

why not use the search feature for "bubba kegs"

AR
Level Contributor
3,577 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bubba Kegs?

I'm sure Bubba Kegs are superior, but for years I have been using an insulated 16 oz stainless cup. No one has ever refused to fill it with beer or any type of alcohol and I have always been able to finish a frozen drink BEFORE it melted! My friend carries a 32 oz insulated cup for beer or margaritas...again no problems of any sort. We just put them in our carryons so they will be readily available as soon as we arrive at the resort.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
408 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bubba Kegs?

Yes, you need some kind of termal cup. I've been using my bubba keg for years. If you think about it, it is also eco-friendly as no more plastic cups. You can fill them in the a.m. with bloody marys, then onto either beer or mixed. They are also good for coffee and soda. The bartenders have no problem filling them or washing them when you change drinks.

Mission, BC, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Mission, Abbotsford
Level Contributor
5,175 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bubba Kegs?

Yep, never leave home without it! We have the 20 oz ones, & find them the perfect size…

Try the Mango Daiquiris, yummy! I also like Appleton’s & Pineapple Juice, blended, basically, that’s a Pineapple Daiquiri.

Ahhhh, so many drinks, so little time!

Pablo

Tue 14:12 PST

White Rock, Canada
Level Contributor
1,992 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bubba Kegs?

We prefer stainless steel lined thermal mugs as I find them easier to keep clean without the flavour transfer or the worry of chemical leachates from plastic containers like Bubbas. Ours are about a 16 oz. size.

I do bring along a small amount of dish detergent to thoroughly clean our mugs with every night.

Lawrence
Level Contributor
197 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bubba Kegs?

A large insulated cup of some kind is definitely on the top of the packing list for us. We take our Bubba's everywhere, and usually keep one just for ice water. Most of the AI's serve drinks in small glasses, so having 'bubba' saves many trips to the bar as well as keeps drinks from heating up in 2 minutes:-)

salem, oregon
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bubba Kegs?

Thanks all, I will be buying one now for sure.

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,886 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bubba Kegs?

Ditto what others have said. They are a must have in such a hot and sandy climate!

Enjoy!

kentucky
Level Contributor
5,741 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bubba Kegs?

how is a climate "sandy"?

Mission, BC, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Mission, Abbotsford
Level Contributor
5,175 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bubba Kegs?

Kyshel, I’m pretty sure that what Roostergirl meant was “Environment” instead of “Climate?” Does that make more sense to you?

:-D

Pablo

Sat 19:00 PST