We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EDSS dress code

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
WEST MIDS
Level Contributor
75 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
EDSS dress code

I'm getting increasingly confused (and panicky!!!). We go to EDSS on Tuesday and I'm keen for some clarification on dress code (men and ladies). I've packed a load of lightweight maxi dresses for me and smart 3/4 shorts with collared shirts for hubby. Is this acceptable or not? If you've been recently or are still there please advise...Cheers

Livingston, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,040 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EDSS dress code

Apparently the dress code as been relaxed slightly for the guys so I recon he'll be fine - you will be ok with your dress choice. My hubbie wore linen trousers and shirts but read just recently that they were now allowing shorts.

WEST MIDS
Level Contributor
75 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EDSS dress code

Thank you. We want to be comfortable but smart so a little bit of 'comfort dressing' would be good...again thank you, much appreciated : )

essex
Level Contributor
28 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EDSS dress code

Do NOT panic !

We returned just over a week ago and in our opinion the dress code is not as strict as it claims to be and we feel really should be.

Most people do make an effort to wear something smarter in the evening although we did see some folk that wore very ordinary shorts and T-shirts

in the restaurants and that seems now to be accepatable.

WEST MIDS
Level Contributor
75 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EDSS dress code

Thank you for that. The comments overall do suggest that the dress code is not as formal as I first thought. I'll stop panicking, no doubt no matter what we wear there will always be someone less dressy....again thank you, much appreciated.

chepstow
Level Contributor
152 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EDSS dress code

We were there 3 weeks ago, my hubby wore 3/4 shorts and short sleeved shirts collared for evening ,and t/shirts during the day, he did take long trousers and wore them the first few days, women wore all sorts mainly smart in the evening, hope this helps.

Wales
Level Contributor
697 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EDSS dress code

Hi Podge, im sure yourself and your hubby will look delightful. Enjoy and satisfy your own careful considererd choices.

WEST MIDS
Level Contributor
75 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: EDSS dress code

Thank you to everyone that responded; we've just returned and I don't know what I was worryiong about : ) Again, thank you...much appreciated :-D

8. Re: EDSS dress code

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 12:18