We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EDSS Swimup Suites...What Is The View??

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
scranton...
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
EDSS Swimup Suites...What Is The View??

Hi all,

We are about to book EDSS for our November trip. We've been to EDR casitas 6 times and really love it there. We are fond of the swimups in the casitas and we would like to book one at EDSS.

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out the setup of this resort. I have read several posts that have said the swimup suites either face the swimup bar or the back of another building. Is that correct?

I thought they would be the closest suites to the beach but I'm getting the impression they are set back in the resort. Are there any swimups that view the ocean at all??

Noticed from the pics and videos that some of the swimups have the little bridges that connect over to the path. Are those that have the bridges located in a certain building??

Are the end units of the swimup buildings the best choice?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

oh
Level Contributor
487 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EDSS Swimup Suites...What Is The View??

Heres a link to a map layout of edss - should answer most your questions

"www.mexicobeachexperts.com/maps/EDSSMap.jpg"

scranton...
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EDSS Swimup Suites...What Is The View??

Ahhh, Thank you, CB.

oh
Level Contributor
487 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EDSS Swimup Suites...What Is The View??

No problem - From what I heard I think Bldgs 20 14 15 are the Royal Suites for the Jewel members - not sure which bldgs or rooms are for the Royale Swim Up Suites

scranton...
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EDSS Swimup Suites...What Is The View??

Thanks, CB, but we're not jewel members. We kept our platinum membership.

I'm understanding that the beachfront rooms are the newest? The swimups are in an older section?

What room category do you usually book?

oh
Level Contributor
487 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EDSS Swimup Suites...What Is The View??

Some years back we had beachfront (15 I think) whick is now going to be one the newer jewel rooms - we also stayed in the garden view and the swim ups - not too crazy about the swim ups - not much swim up patio area - the ED Royale has much nicer and larger swim up rooms including the patio area. We are booked next march at edss in the royale suites. Last couple of years went to Maroma twice, Sensatori and EDR - cant wait to get back to edss havent been there in about four years. Nice thing about Karisma and the Exotic Club is the different choices available - all the resorts seem to have there own unique flavor and we have not had a bad vacation at any of them.

Hiawatha, Kansas
Level Contributor
854 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EDSS Swimup Suites...What Is The View??

There are 2 buildings that have swimups one is an older building one is a newer building on the resort. You will not have a view of the water from either building. The bridges also don't connect to the swimup bars. An advantage of swimup if you are traveling with someone that wants a breather from the temps you can still be in the sun and water while being close. Another advantage is if is windy or rainy you still have water, Disadvantage they lack some privacy compared to the other rooms, they can be noisey depending on what is going on a the swimup bars. It is a smaller resort so even though they are at the back of the resort you still are not far from the beach and bars.

scranton...
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: EDSS Swimup Suites...What Is The View??

Hi Mexico,

Thanks for the info. We booked a swimup today. While doing some research, found your posts to be very helpful! Really helped make my decision.

Thank you,

Kim

8. Re: EDSS Swimup Suites...What Is The View??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 02:16