We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

upgrading to club premium @ barcelo...can you get Budwieser?

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Smyrna, Delaware
Level Contributor
170 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
upgrading to club premium @ barcelo...can you get Budwieser?

If you upgrade to club premium it says you have access to internaitonal brands....does that mean international beer too? Having a hard time finding any Bud or Miller Lite products....I know, I know...this is Mexico we are talking about...but it's not for me..Honestly!! LOL

Also, does this mean if you don't upgrade, you will get a gin & tonic instead of a tangeray & tonic for instance?

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,435 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: upgrading to club premium @ barcelo...can you get Budwieser?

Only Corona & Modelo beer brands are served regardless of Club Premium status or not. Here is a link to a list of the premium brands & their additional cost (in pesos) without the Club Premium upgrade:

unofficial-barcelo-maya.com/userfiles/file/n…

Stowe, Vermont
Level Contributor
7,083 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: upgrading to club premium @ barcelo...can you get Budwieser?

Hi Travelpro -

I know I asked you this before, but I cannot remember (or find!) your answer:

What block of rooms at the Barcelo Palace that are not Club Premium would be the most desirable in terms of location to the main pool and the restaurants?

Also, is there a block of rooms closest to the adult pool?

That is a non-smoking room - I don't know if that matters.

Thank you so much!

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,435 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: upgrading to club premium @ barcelo...can you get Budwieser?

Hi Spotsmom - happy to provide you with the answers!

If you prefer non-smoking, then request the Michoacan wing - which is also closest to the lobby/restaurants. The buildings are all (3) floors tall (yes, there are elevators) and we'd recommend the top floor, as they will be the most-quiet (the tile floors and walkways are extremely noisy). The closest non-Club Premium accomodations start in the 8100 section of that wing.

The adult pool area is near the 8300 building in the Michoacan wing and the 8700 building in Oaxaca wing.

Here's a link to the Barcelo complex map. The Palace resort is on the left side. Michoacan wing is #K and Oaxaca wing #J. The adult pool is #50 on the map.

unofficial-barcelo-maya.com/userfiles/file/m…

Happy Travels!

Stowe, Vermont
Level Contributor
7,083 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: upgrading to club premium @ barcelo...can you get Budwieser?

Thank you so much - this is very helpful. We leave next week. We are going to ask about upgrade to Club Premium but unless we get a real deal, we'll stick with the regular room.

Thank you for your help - you are true destination expert!

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,435 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: upgrading to club premium @ barcelo...can you get Budwieser?

Gracias! Have a safe trip!

cleveland
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: upgrading to club premium @ barcelo...can you get Budwieser?

You can get bud in Playa del carmen i dont think you can get any at the resorts.We where at Secrets Resort a couple of years ago and someone there had bud but they went to playa to get it.

7. Re: upgrading to club premium @ barcelo...can you get Budwieser?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Aventuras