We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused about the CAT Mayan and CAT Yucatan!

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
183 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Confused about the CAT Mayan and CAT Yucatan!

We are going to the CAT Yucatan in Feb. I understand these are sister hotels and share ammenities, but what, if any, is the main difference? The ala cartes are all shared? I've been trying to read all the posts but I'm still a bit confused as to how the "sharing" of the two hotels works. Is one considered better than the other??

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused about the CAT Mayan and CAT Yucatan!

Both are about the same age. Really like one resort but several buildings. Book which ever one is less expensive and you get all the same ammenities. Usually more Europeans in Yucatan side as it is offered on line to them. Really no difference, all one.

Mission, BC, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Mission, Abbotsford
Level Contributor
5,176 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confused about the CAT Mayan and CAT Yucatan!

Basically they feel like one resort once there. Because you are from CDA I assume you booked through Nolitours? Therefore you will be booked into the Yucatan side.

There is lots of info about the resort on this page I have created including maps, videos, contact info, etc.

Hope this helps

www.aplusnetworks.ca/ta/catalonia_info.htm

Pablo

Sun 11:00 PST

¡Feliz Año Nuevo!

Toronto
Level Contributor
183 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confused about the CAT Mayan and CAT Yucatan!

Pablo, thank you so much -- it's all starting to make sense now! Your page is amazing!

How do you get to Puerto Aventuras from the CAT(s)? I know it's a short walk or bike ride....

thanks again and to you as well, DaBride :)

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Confused about the CAT Mayan and CAT Yucatan!

PA is only about 4 blocks south of the CAT. Easy, short and safe walk. You are welcome. Let me know if I can help with more questions. Wish we were going soon, November for us!!!

Edited: 01 January 2012, 19:31
Mission, BC, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Mission, Abbotsford
Level Contributor
5,176 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Confused about the CAT Mayan and CAT Yucatan!

DE Nada! As DaBride says it’s a real short easy walk.

Well, depending on how much Tequila you’ve had….

:-P

When you there? I’m planning a TripAdvisor Meet & Greet dinner? (TAM&G)..

Pablo

Sun 11:52 PST

¡Feliz Año Nuevo!

6. Re: Confused about the CAT Mayan and CAT Yucatan!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2013, 10:32